1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

Went to 3M on saturday for tints. Enquired about underbody anti rust treatment and they said, Linea/Punto already have Antirust treatment done at the company itself.

They were recommending to do this after 3 to 4 years.

This is exactly what Mangesh Kodalkar of FIAT also told me a month back.

Anyone planning to do the Antirust for the underbody is wasting their hard earned money.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: TEFLON COATING and ANTI RUST YES or NO?

All cars . From M800 to Rolls Royace comes with factory applied Anti-Rust coating. ( Rubber paint)

So absolutly waste of money.& avoid coating to new car also. Coating persons loots us by charging
    Rs.1500 to Rs.4000. Coating is nothing. It is only rubbing & polish. In old days these people were using same car polish by hand.

Now a days they use the round shaped massager to apply this car polish.& pretends that coating is very very extraordinary process & deceiving the car & bike purchasers.

Simple example :-
    If a guy polish the vehicle by hand he gets Rs.500/- for that job.

& if a guy polish the vehicle with the help of round shaped massager we gives him min.Rs.1500 to Max.4000/-

Job is absolute same. But all is effect of "Show"
  3. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Re: Idea for Replacing Stolen Logos

Hi Aniket thanks for info , can you share the costing . Or if you could get a quote from your friend . Am not sure if anyone else would want it . I would definitely look at buying 8-10 of these . But with the exact same colour and chrome outer rim .
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

bhai is absolutely right. we went for 3m paint protection treatment for my friends figo yday. what we call waxing they call it paint protection and loot you. i was waiting for another coating but the guy said "sir ho gaya" and i was like ::OO . when i asked him how much it will last he said depends on condition. so never go for paint treatment as it will hardly last a month. instead use your hands and give ur car wax whenever you feel.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Got the Wurth under body coating done for Rs.2200 ... With free 6 coatings ...
    Coating just came off after the monsoons ......
    Sound deadening ?? Nvr felt any sound diff. before or after the coating ...

Dlp
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Strange (?oil) spots on the lower front grill

I've been noticing a few drops (2-3ml) of something oily on the lower front grill since 1 week I got the GP home. Earlier it was just about half a spoon. I would clean it at the time of washing and it would reappear by the end of some 15-20 days.

Today, when I was about to wash the car, I noticed that this oily spray was more, close to some 10-15 ml. I took my brother's cell phone and clicked a photo in a hurry.

It looks as if something was sprayed on it (e.g. a dog pissing on the car).

I will post the pic in the evening. In the meantime, any idea sir ji? :anyone
    [attachment=0:3gy398a1]Punto Red.jpg[/attachment:3gy398a1]

Punto Red.jpg
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Strange (?oil) spots on the lower front grill

Behind the grill there is intercooler & AC Condensor
    It may be leaky intercooler OR leaky AC condensor

Is there any decrease in performance of TURBO or AC ?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Yashik it is possible that while your car was in Service center, it's possible ASS people spoiled some oil on grill accidentally, or it can be diesel also which ASS people uses to clean tar spots from car.
    This theory slipped from my mind @ meet today.
  9. Re: Strange (?oil) spots on the lower front grill

Unlikely that it is engine oil. Do you have pics? please upload
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

even i have same problem and even that oil spills are der in engine bay also
    in ass opinion its normal and its a oil vapors but m nt convinced still m having this problem :confused