1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Re: Dust on the Wheel Arches on the door

yes. there is hell lot of dust on the places which you mentioned. this happens as the rubber beading is behind the wheel arc point. in some cars the beading seals the wheel arcs. so you wont find dust there.

i too get fed up cleaning it regularly.
  2. paritosh

paritosh

Pune

Oh so this is a common annoying occurance.

Also i have noticed slight discoloration at some points where the door really kisses the body shell. My car being Medium Grey these are streaks of whitish silver at multiple places.

Could it be cause of the alignment of the door ?

This is more visible in the darker colors of the car.

Shall try to post the pics
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Same with me ... Got huge scratches on the inner wheel arches ... Due to huge screw on the door ....
    Clearly misalignment of the door ... However only on one side ....

Dilip
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

man you shoud rectify this immediately. door misalingment causes scratches. it will peel of paint and then the portion with start rusting.
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Already contacted the service centre for the same . They said they would need to order new door hinges to rectify it ...

I had been lazy and nt enquired about it frm a long tym and jus remembered after reading paritosh's post .. ..
    Anywayz , rear doors r hardly used ,,,,
    Still will try to rectify everything till d car is under warranty ......

Dilip
  6. chandu

chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Re: Rust.....????help

Thanks for the suggestion guys.
  7. paritosh

paritosh

Pune

I should get the car for the AC retro fitting hopefully next week or so, will try to get this confirmed/corrected. I hope this doesnt need further ordering and replacing of some part cos thats going to take again few days..
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    Idea for Replacing Stolen Logos

HI Guys ,

Saw this picture in the post by aniket in the alloys thred . He got these monograms printed for his alloys I guess . I have been watching a lot of FIATs with logos missing and I guess this theft trend just seems to be growing and no matter how safe we play the logos will get stolen one day or the other . You'll all admit that the logos are pretty pricey and replacing them again and again just to have them stolen again is quiet frustrating . I would request aniket or Grandeur to find out from the sticker vendors if this idea can be materialized and what would be the cost incurred if we all order in bulk .

We can have the fiat logos printed jus like these monograms and that too in colours so as to resemble the original logos . What do you guys think ?[attachment=0:2mzfwcxi]DSC026500001.JPG[/attachment:2mzfwcxi]

DSC026500001.JPG
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Re: Idea for Replacing Stolen Logos

@gautam

such kinda jugaad is possible and a cheaper alternative for those costly monograms :mrgreen:
  10. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Re: Idea for Replacing Stolen Logos

i made stickers from ajay MOTORSOUNDS
    IF ANYBODY WANT ANY TYPE OF STICKER VINYLE OR WATEVER GRAFIXX NEEDED WORK AJAY IS AWESOME IN THAT