1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Minor scratch On Punto

@sungoa2010: If you are new to car driving or still learning to cope up with Punto and its dimensions, I would suggest you to hold on with you touchups, there are chances that that you might get few more during next few months. Once you find your self comfortable with your surrounding and the car, then go ahead and get it fixed. It would cost more or less the same. Thats a generic suggestion.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

@Bhai: The aervice person has given the same explanation. He will cover from entire left back panel.
    @viny: Thanks. I would have done it if it were any other vehicle but it is difficult to tolerate any kind of asymmetry on this peice of beauty.
  3. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Dust on the Wheel Arches on the door

The wheel arches on the rear door of my punto attracts lot of dust.

If cleaned on sunday there is a thin film by thursday itself.

Is this common occurance? or some thing to do with gap on the rubber beadings.
  4. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Re: Dust on the Wheel Arches on the door

More details please.......
  5. Re: Dust on the Wheel Arches on the door

It would be helpful, if you upload some pics.
  6. Re: Dust on the Wheel Arches on the door

Brake Dust ? but on wheel arches ????
    Pls post the picture.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hey Paritosh. Dust (not brake dust @Bnz) gathering on the wheel arches near rear door is normal. Don't worry. Open all four doors and you will see a lot of dust on the running board beneath all 4 doors. ::T
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

isnt there a way to stop this dust gathering on the wheel arches ?? it looks really dirty and has to be cleaned almost every second day . But since my rear seats are rarely used I don't use the rear door at all . I just clean it when I clean the car .
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

@Gautam- Nope, unless there is a way of getting zero panel gap between doors and running board.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

A local body work garage in my locality has quoted 1K for the same work that TASS has offered for 3.9K !. He was telling that even in dealer service stations the paint is not coming from company.Is it true? So what is the difference of getting the job done at dealer and local garage? I had the impression that the paint that is used in dealer service stations are company supplied.