1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. sham

sham

Re: Minor scratch On Punto

I feel there is no need for com-paint, since scratches is not that deep, from my experince com-paint spray paint will not jell so well with original paint. Scratch removers should do the job, like Meguairs scratchx or QUIXX scratch remover. QUIXX is on available in ebay india, i have used same thing which i got from US, it works well

http://cgi.ebay.in/QUIXX-Paint-Scratch- ... 1575wt_905
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    Re: Rust.....????help

i have rust inside the lining between the front and the rear door. it is because of the metal inside the lining.
  3. Re: Minor scratch On Punto

@dilip
    i put whitner on the patches as a temporary fix.
    will post the pics on monday..
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: Rust.....????help

Karan, for Lineas that reported rust due to faulty beading, new beading with rust resistant metal rod inside was provided FOC. The door beading was changed in my case too. If you have not got it changed, get hold of your SA and ask him to change it. It is a warranty issue. Please be sure that Fiat is providing life time warranty against rust.
  5. Re: Rust.....????help

What Kaps said is true. Try to get the beading changed asap as the beading rust might spread on the body panels as well in the long run.
    These days the rubber beadings have galvanised metal rods in them to prevent rust.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

@bhai

Overdrive is a joke dude..Dont trust these indian magazines at all..all r well treated with vitamin M
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Engine Gaurd Touching Ground : Front Right

All the Auto magazine have been pamperred by brands when they have the car for the test, But where as FIAT they just give the car and watch the show,
    So forget the magazine reviews :hit
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Today I just went to TASS and shown the vehicle to the person in charge of body work. He coated 3.9K. Is it a realistic amount? The scratch is on the small area on the wheel arch. One of the scratch is very deep(which I misjudged initially) and I doubt whether the compaint will help. I have already ordered for compaint awaiting for the delivery.
  9. Re: Minor scratch On Punto

buy compaint and then go to a local painter.
    he would do a better job than TASS and also the whole work might be over within 600rs. I guess
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

@ Sungoa

Whole part is to be painted. That's why more amount is there.

e.g. :- If a door has scratch , whole door is to be repaint. My friend's Swift met a scratch while parking the car in garriage. He had to paint whole door.

If you paint only for that specific affected area ,then chances of flaking & shade differance are there.