1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Re: Minor scratch On Punto

@Dilip: Any pics to share? And to what extent does it work, and where did it fail to work for you?
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

For me , it worked perfectly. If you get the dsitance of the spray right, it works wonders. Make sure you spray from more than 15-20 cm distance and it would remove everything. If you mask the area, it would be better. Any extra sprinkles can be wiped off using com merge. Great Product.
  3. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

Sry no pics @ d moment ....

FAil : got a huge scratch [circular shape ] on the front bumper lower side ... Had to put putty before the com-paint .... However , the area was ok just after the painting , but soon used to turn dark ,,,, Also the repainted area was very rough [even after applying top-cut and waxing-polishing] ,,due to dust particles sticking to the area when paint was wet !!! Hence one requires a closed parking/garage to do repainting ..
    Not good for big sratches were paint has fully peeled to black ...

Pass : got a minor scratch on the door [no paint peelin ] ,,, sandpapered .... com-paint ..... com-merge ... ....top-cut ..... wax-polish ...
    Voila ,,, scrathc dissappeared ... but liitle difference could be seen in paint when car parked under the sun ,,,,,
    Good for small scratches ......

Dilip
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Thanks for reply. Here is the picture. In day light the scratch is not very visible. Picture is taken at night with flash so it is shining.

DSC01648.JPG

DSC01649.JPG
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

no wry ... go ahead with com-paint ..... i got similiar kind of scratch on my door ...

Dilip
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Which rubbing compound brand is good?. There is a hell and heaven diff in pricing between various brands.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

The Rubbing Compounds should be able to remove these scratches. These are very faint & should not cause trouble in removing.
  8. Re: Minor scratch On Punto

:anyone
    I have small scratches on my bumpers. Both back and front. The saint peeled off and the black color of the bumper is now visible.
    Please advice me what to do.
    I am thinking if com saints would be enough.
    Will that leave patches on the area which was touched up?
  9. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2

If black color is exposed then compaint might not work ...
    However , attach some pics to clarify ..
  10. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur

@Sungoa ,

In ur case the depth of scratch is beyond the paint layer, so you need to go for Com paint ,followed by a rubbing compound , to smoothen the applied paint.
    Trying to remove scratch by rubbing compound will be of no help .

Atul