1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

1. wiper problem

hey guys as far as my memory goes I remember the wipers wiping the water spray automatically once u spray the windshield. however now pulling the lever only sprays water the wipers are completely dead. I have to manually switch the wipers on to position 1 to wipe the water away. any idea what's wrong? have the rats bitten some wire off?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

Re: wiper problem

You need to hold the stick up for few seconds then only auto wipe starts, otherwise it will just spray out.
  3. Re: wiper problem

hey thanks a ton man. it worked. Guess i has to hold the spray for around 3 seconds.
  4. Re: Water spots on windshield(front glass)

I recently found these "water-droplet" like marks on all my car glasses (windsreen, windows, rear glass, quarter glass) and thought they might be residues of my inexperienced cleaning. In spite of all my efforts these would not go at all!!!! I took my car to Privilege Carz Spa and consulted with them. The in-charge told that these might be result of AC water dripping near the place where my car is parked. I did not agree since, 1. My car is always parked with the cover on and 2. My Dad's Santro, which most of the times does not have its cover on has no spots like these. Even the person given the responsibility to clean my car could not solve it and left to mind his other tasks. I was dejected and thought of calling 3M for help.

Just then another guy from Carz Spa checked my car glasses and rubbed them with liquid car wax. Voila! After some efforts, the spots disappeared. I thanked him profusely and returned home a happy person.

As it is said that the solution for toughest of problems is in the simplest of reasons, one of my friends, who does not know anything about cars, saw my car and instantly claimed that these spots are due to excessive salt in air or water. Immediately I understood that I had parked my car overnight at my brother's beach house on ECR, very close to the beach, without the cover and this issue popped up only after that.
  5. chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Re: Rust.....????help

I have seen similar patch in my right side back door.
    Is this rust? :sad1

6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Re: Rust.....????help

this seems to be on the rubber beading. i dont think its rust.
  7. sungoa2010

Minor scratch On Punto

My Punto (Red) got brushed against a wall while turning and got few scratches on Left back wheel arch(doors are safe) . There is no dent since it just touched the surface. TASS people were telling that left panel has to be repainted and they dont do any touch up works. Is there any other solution?
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

Re: Minor scratch On Punto

Post the pic to have better understanding. There are many options, like polishing, aerosols (com-paints) etc but that depends upon what type of scratches are and how deep they are.
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Minor scratch On Punto

^^^^^I have tried it , and it works to some extent ...