1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Exteriors/Body

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gautamkhadse, Jul 5, 2010.

TEFLON coating you can avoid in new car. But I recommend to go for ANTI RUST coating, it not only safeguard surface from water/rust/stones, but also provide you a minor sound damping. The rubbery coating will help reduce tyre and other sounds in cabin.

Anyways welcome to TFI.
  2. MattJ

Re: Rear Bumper repair

:oops: Oh damn, i did not, it happened yesterday at night and was all bummed out with what happened. Went to the body shop in the morning early before it even the SA's came. Had to rush back to work. I can post the after pic, which errrm wouldnt make much difference would it?
  3. Front Windshield Replacement

I was as usual driving at a speed of 110-120 on NH8 (Delhi - Jaipur Highway), then suddenly one Innova coming very fast from behind overtook my Punto and one small pebble with huge momentum from Innova rear tyres struck my Car's front windshield and created a small depression(crack). Please look at the picture.

I have decided to replace the whole front windshield and get it covered through insurance. Questions I have:

1, I contacted TASS, as usual they doesn't have the front windshield available with them and are asking somwehere around Rs. 1800/- for rubbery parts (which are not covered under insuarnce), if I take claim.

2, Contacted Windshield Experts, they have windshield available (I was happy and amazed to hear that), thay have cashless tie up with my insurance company and asked for Rs. 800/- (for rubbery parts), if I take claim.

Big question is - whom shall I go with, Windshield Experts or TASS? for TASS i need to wait for atleast couple of weeks, by the time windshield is available and have to pay them more. While, at Windshield experts it is available and they are charging less.

Can I trust the quality of Windshield experts and get it done through them? Or go through regular TASS?

View attachment DSC_7368.JPG
  4. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Re: Front Windshield Replacement

I have used Windshield experts a couple of times! They are excellent! They even provide warranty from leaks and all. Highly recommended! I am sure they will do a better job the TASS!
  5. Re: Front Windshield Replacement

I have heard excellent reviews about Windsheild Experts. They will definetely do a professional job than the TASS guys as their core job & expertise is to repair & fix windsheilds.

I personally recommend Windsheild Experts for a thorough & professional job.
  6. Re: Rear Bumper repair

Never mind MattJ. I was more eager to see the extend of damage and the skillset of the TASS guys.
  7. MattJ

Re: Rear Bumper repair

Well maybe i can describe it to you. After the impact, the bike made some black greasy marks on the left corner of the bumper. I managed to remove 30-40 % using kerosene and soap water. But the rest remained, cos it was etched in deep and another black patch was visible that was 5 inches long and max 1.5-2 inches wide. This one was a lil coarse, it was either the paint got scrapped off or that part got botched with dirt and grease.
    Mechanical damage was, the plastic piece connecting the bumper to the mudguard portion broke off a bit. So the side profile of the bumper jutted out due to lack of support.

TASS cleaned up the mess on the bumper. Did a make shift job of fixing the mud guard piece so that I dont have to replace it unless needed, maybe when i have a more extensive work done on my car. Overall the bumper looks like it hasnt gone under impact at all! Well unless you closely examine the inside area of the mudguard....

Will note to take such stuff, just a newbie here hence the lack of procedural knowledge in such posts..sorry mate :)
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

+1 to Binze

I will recommend Windshield Experts too. I had the same dilema when a coconut struck the windshield of my car. I went to Windshield Experts and they did an excellent job.

9. Axn

Axn Regolare

I have other opinion abt Windshield expert at Gurgaon. Our TFI member Vijay has got his TW Puntos windshield repaired from him. During one of our meet we saw glass and rubber seating had a gap. I discussed this with an expert, who said some of WSE shops do not have all the required gumming product for pasting properly.

BTW prashant I also got it changed due to same reason but from FASS (now TASS).

Update: Just talked to Vijay, his windshield was redone by WSE, gurgaon and now he has not faced any problem since last 4-5 months.

go ahead prashant get it done at WSE. and it would be prudent to check properly at delivery.
  10. Re: Front Windshield Replacement

Thanks CountRock, bnzjon and Amogh. Even I am thinking of going with Windshield Experts, because windshield is the only thing they do.

Vijyant-Sir, know thats a thing to be worried about. But neither of ABS/Dhingra motors have it in stock.