1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    TATA ASS checked my car and compared the all ECU data with other new one stock car.

As per TATA ASS, ECU readings of my car are powerful than new one stock car.
    So they certified that my car is absolutly error free. But all these task done in my absense.

I insisted them to overhaul injectors,but they are avoiding to open by telling warrantee reason.
    Dealer says " Sir In warrantee period,we can't open injectors unless and until there is no any injector error"

I have used all ways. Only one solution is remained now. TO FILE SUIT AT CONSUMER FORUM.
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hairsh & Bhai ...why not you both approach a different TASS and ask them to verify that the ECU firmware is the right one which is supposed to be in it. I personally dont think that it is an ECU problem. As Gurjinder had suggested, it could mostly be a sensor related issue or something with the Turbo . One more thing is you can ask the service centre person to bring a TD vehicle and ask the service adviser to drive both and do a comparison. Maybe you both can tell him promptly at what point or at what particular RPM range you are feeling this. I know convincing them is a tough job, but you can always insist.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Agree with Cinju, you both fix an appointment with different dealers and take their views, one of you just visit the Fortune, nerul, they are sounding good for Fiat cars.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Harish,

Pls share the updates. Did you happen to get it checked?
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Nope. The car was suddenly behaving normally so i had to cancel the appointment. No point getting it checked when it doesnt show up.

It has started again over this weekend and i am getting another appointment. I am going to go with the car and see the diagnostics in person. Wish i had another TJet to compare it to.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    harish do one thing. just take out the negative terminal of your battery for 30 min or more if possible. after putting in the battery again, start the car and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. then take her for a good spirited spin.
    if you get the performance back, then you need not worry.

Magnetti marelli ECUs have self adaptation facility which takes care of changes due to wear and tear, changed components etc.
  7. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    @Italia-Linea: That is a good suggestion. I didnt consider it and none of the service centers have done it too. I know for sure as my trip meter didnt reset during any of my visit to the service centers, indicating they never tried resetting the ECU too. :)

Will try it tomorrow morning and update.

To all TJet owners out there - After 5k kms do you still hear the deep exhaust note ar 1800rpm - 2200rpm? or has it gone silent?
  8. Italia-Linea

Pune
    the note will become silent after clocking some kms due to carbon deposits on the exhausts. thats normal.
    what the Service centre guys do is proxy alignment.

i got it done at the service centre and after that my car started behaving very sluggish. i just did a complete reset by removing the battery, and voila. my car was back to new.
  9. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Hmm.. What is a proxy alignment?
  10. Italia-Linea

Pune
    proxy alignment is a procedure wherein all the body components, switches, CAN circuits etc are aligned to the ECU. suppose you change some component in the car and your console starts blinking due to misalignment of new component then you need to do proxy alignment.

there are various nodes example : Auto climate control node, Dashboard node, door nodes, boot nodes, music system nodes etc.

proxy alignment rewrites and executes all these nodes to the central module.
    Last edited: May 9, 2011