1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ARE you sure that they remapped your car? i guess the AC upgrade was not for TJET. it was just for 1.4 NA. if they have flashed your ECU then you are in deep trouble.
  2. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    My guess is they reflashed the ECU. I found the fuse box cover fitted loose. At that point i didnt think much about it but realised later that thats where the OBD connection is. There shouldnt be any reason to open it as the car had gone for an A/C gas leak. Even if they wanted to check the fuse, the A/C fuse is in the engine compartment fuse box and not under the steering wheel. I think its a case of 1.4NA engine map on the TJet or some setting change. I could be wrong though. :)

Lets see what the diagnostics come up. I have written to FIAT (mangesh) and escalated it already. He has assured to have a thorough checkup.
  3. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well its a blunder if they remapped the ECU with the normal 1.4... Have you booked your appointment at Wasan Kandivali?
    Try and get there with the car this time to understand what they did last time... If it happened to be a wrong ECU remap, let Fiat know abt this for sure...
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    i dont think they might have flashed the ECU if it was just a gas leak. if you were in pune i would have immediately checked it for you :)
  5. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Thanks! I am out of town for a week. Will deal with this when i am back. If they are unable to identify, then i think a drive to Pune is not a bad idea ;)

Andy: Going to Tata Car shop in Worli this time.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  6. HarishSegar's linea
    Get well soon.
    Boss think they messed with the ECM..
    Sue them, that's the best idea..
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    @harish,

first thing... you are not the first one who reported loss of boost in tjet.

second thing... if i am remembering correctly none of them actually found fault with system, it was attributed to "getting used to" syndrome.

BTW did you check the air filter. maybe it is dirty.
  8. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    @Axn: I agree noone has found a fault with the system yet. Airfilter cleaning is the first thing i did.

It is definitely wierd when the pressure loss happens right after the car went for A/C gas leak resolution. I dont think the turbo is entirely non-functional but it is definitely not providing the boost at lower RPM.

Anyway, the car is going in tomorrow and i will know what really happened.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Harish
    You and me both are sailing on same boat. I have been facing same problem like you.
    On this issue I am struggling with FIAT & TATA from last 1.5 year. No one is able to solve problem.

I put very much discussion in my topic "Loss of Power" But no one beleived me.
    Iam sorry to state that some members and even mods of teamfiat certified me that I am seek/mad person & this is my perception problem.

After that I made heavy crticics on TATA/FIAT & teamfiat. So I permanantly banned. Now I have started new account with new username.

Dear members & mods are you listening feedback from Harishsagar ?
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  10. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    @Bhai - anyone at teamfiat can only help in providing a pointer / provide a suggestion. The actual resolution must come from Tata & Fiat. If you look at my posting, i had only asked for suggestions / ideas while i am approaching Tata & FIAT to have a look at the car.

About perception, dont worry. Everyone has a viewpoint and thats what makes each of us an individial. Otherwise, we are robots off an assembly line.

My suggestion is to list down your issues with the car factually and then approach a service center and ask them to do a full diagnostics. Make sure you are present while they do it.