1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Accruracy Of FE in Driver Information System in Linea MJ

A marginal difference like this is acceptable. It is fairly accurate though and takes into account all the parameters like idling the car etc.

Edit- Welcome to TFI forum. I hope you find it useful. :)
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

Thanks buddy did u face any thing samilar?
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

I never checked it out myself as I don't do tankful to tankful method. ::pP
    But, MID can not give 100.00% accurate average consumption and thats why most people recommend tankful-tankful method for the most accurate FE figures.
  4. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai
    Re: Noise in Punto 1.3 MJD

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the reply . I felt the Noise higher in punto then in Ritz . I took three test drives . i need to check on a vechile with more than 5000km to see the noise.

How do u feel .

I am ok with the sound inside but my wife feels very uncomfortable . Let Me know ur thoughts

Regards,
    Deepak
  5. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

Hi Amol,

I felt the clutch to be harder is it like that or is it due to test drive vechile . Need insight on that too , Please help

Regards,
    Deepak
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Even though Punto, Swift,Ritz share the same Fiat diesel engine. Each engine have different sound characteristics.
    Punto engine have some bass added to it and while DDiS have less bass + more treble. ( Can be due to different exhaust system, different Air box design etc)
    The sound is not unbearable in any case. With HU volume at 4-5 you won't hear any noise until you rev it really hard. ( And I bet at times you would just switch off the HU just to listen to the manly roar of the lion doing duty inside the hood)
    Also the test drive car would have been from inital lot of Punto's and 2010 models have better sound deadening as compared to 2009 models.
    The engine noise comes down considerably as you clock more kms and after 15000 kms service oil change.

Clutch of Punto is butter smooth than other cars but it have long clutch travel.
  7. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

Hi Vijay,

IS the long clutch easier or seems to harder. Any info on this

Thanks,
    Deepak
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Noise in Punto 1.3 MJD

Clutch has a long play, however you'll get used to it. The clutch is smooth, may be it was the TD vehicle.
  9. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai

Varin,

I have been maintaining an excel sheet where in I check the FE on full tank to full tank basis. The MID has more or less very accurate. The only time I have faced an issue is when the petrol pump vendor fills in excess diesel in my car post the autocutoff. Hence I ensure that I don't fill any diesel beyond autocutoff as when ever you do a topup beyond autocut off, the vendor might fill in diesel as per his liking. Also ensure that you have only one pump which you frequently visit as at times different pumps have different methods of conning you out of the fuel.

Some pumps in Mumbai are really good where in I have consistently got better mileage from my car than other pumps. For e.g the Godrej company pump, I generally use this and have consistently got better mileage than the ones in Mulund (where I live)
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Huge clatter on a brand new Fiat Linea

I just got the delivery of my 1.3 MJD Linea.

i am observing that there is a huge kad kad kad kad noise when i accelerate at low rpms. this is more prominent during the initial few kms when the engine is cold say 5-6 kms and then reduces a lot.

is this a normal diesel clatter or valve noise ?

has anyone faced similar noises on new linea/punto?