1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Needing little momentum is fine when there is straight incline, but imagine a situation when one has to take sharp 90 degree turn and climb up. Eg: coming out of basement parking where our cars can't turn in single attempt. We to take reverse and re-align again. Certainly its a pain in these situations. How to overcome this? How to build enough torque from that position? (mine is petrol so no issue, but I often drive my BIL's 75hp)
    1 person likes this.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As per my observation, with aircon on if we press throttle, compressor goes off automatically to reduced load of engine.
    Why there is need to use this type of funny tacts while using MJD ? I mean to put Aircon off,to warm up engine etc.
  3. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    Punto fuel gauge issue

Hi All,

I have 2010 punto MJD emotion .

Recently from last week , whenever I turn off engine , fuel indicator goes below "E" mark, approximatly 1 cm . When I topped up full , it is same distance below "F" . Though it's lowering properly as per usage. Please let me know possible reasons.
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It must be a faulty float in the fuel tank. Get it checked and replaced (if required) at FASS. That would surely solve your issue.

Cheers,
    Mahesh
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Looks like the fuel guage needs a calibration. If still an issue, the only alternative is to replace the Instrument cluster as the single fuel guage cant be removed/replaced.
  6. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I too am guessing the fault in gauge. The needle seems to be going 1cm further.
    Agree with ghodlur here.
  7. pushkaraj

pushkaraj Amatore

Pune
  8. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Idling RPM goes up to 1000 from 800. Then all of a sudden it surges to 2000 RPM and then comes back down to 800. This keeps going on during idling time. I have noticed that this is when the AC is on.

Anyone else has faced this issue or knows a solution, before I contact the service centre?
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanks for all the replies - close the thread.
    2 people like this.
  10. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Did you try to reset the ECU by disconnecting battery negative for some time? Also, in a case that I know of, the drive belt had become loose. So with AC ON, the load on the engine was not uniform: sometimes low, sometimes high and the ECU was trying to correct it, by increasing rpm I suppose. The ACC belt was changed and the issue resolved. Maybe you can get the tension /belt checked. Is your car under warranty?