1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Re: Wierd sound after cold start-

Even I am also getting this "krr-krr" noise for about a minute , just after the cold start .Had taken up this issue with TASC . They said that a plate below the engine compartment was touching it and they adjusted it . But still I am getting these noises .
  2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: conversion of Punto FGT to VGT

i guess u cant :-(
    I wish VGT was there 6months back
  3. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai
    Noise in Punto 1.3 MJD

Hi All,

I had taken test drive on punto 75hp 1.3 MJD . I feel the noise is more when compared to swift or Indica Vista. I am not assure whether it is due to Demo car or the noise and vibration is high in punto .

Let me know ur comments.

Regards,
    Deepak
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Noise in Punto 1.3 MJD

First of all, an unfortunate engine that goes into a car that becomes a TD car is never respected in the initial run-in period.
    Secondly, Fiat's engine become silent, more fuel efficient with improvement in performance after 5000Km.

In your case, either first factor is an important cause of higher noise from A TD car and secondly, it might not have completed 5000Km on ODO.
  5. amolmane

amolmane Guest

Dear sdeepu2u

I own both cars. Punto (Diesel) & Swift (Diesel)

my Swift has not become smooth even after clocking 5000 Km ::pP

But my Punto became pindrop Silent only clocking after 3000 KM :wow :clap

So Multijet wins against the DDiS :dancing

NVH levels depends upon to Fuel quality
  6. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

I again tried another 1.3MJD and found the sound from the engine when accelerating was higher . I felt the noise more than ritz is it normal .let me know the comments

Regards,
    Deepak
  7. amolmane

amolmane Guest

To
    sdeepu2u

I repeat NVH levels depends upon to Fuel quality.

This could be due to false errors reported by sensor/s to ECU also.

Another point is :- At high RPM ,engine roar of Punto is more. Punto needs more Sound deadning material.

Punto is super silent upto 100 KM/Hr. After that engine gets quite boomy. But that boomyness is acceptable.

Ritz & Swift are noisy. But noise of Swift & Ritz is suppressed due to cabin insulation.

Do not take trial by sitting inside driver cabin.
    Listen engine sound of Punto & Swift/Ritz by open bonnet. You will agree that Swift & Ritz are little bit noisy than smooth & refined Punto.

I have used Punto for 32000 Km. So these are the observations.
  8. sdeepu2u

sdeepu2u

Chennai

Hi Amol,

Thanks for the answer . Could just briefly compare ur advantages of punto over swift or ritz as you have been having both swift and punto .This would very helpful.

Regards,
    Deepak
  9. amolmane

amolmane Guest

1) Turbo lag is more in Swift & Ritz.

2) In Punto,Turbo Boost starts from 1500 RPM whereas in DDiS boost starts from late @ 1800 RPM.

3) Becuase of tall gear ratio there is feeling of drag race while driving DDiS.
    1st & 2nd gears of Punto has short gear ratio,so Punto pulls easilly as compared to Swift.

4) In city drive you have to change gears frequently,whereas due to Short gear ratio,Punto has excellent drivability & low end torque. So gear changes are min.

5) NVH levles are more in DDiS. where multijet wins this race due to Zero Nosie,Zero Vibes & Zero harshness.

6) Due to build quality, you can not imagine the actual speed of Punto. Punto feels slower than Swift.
    It feels slow not actual slow.
    7) Swift is not nearwhere in the field of Ride & Handilng,Build quality,Safety, 5 Star NCAP ratings,Road
    stability,Control

8) Due to low weight handilng of DDiS is nervous . Body Roll is there after 60 Km/Hr.

9) DDiS has Electronic Power Steering,.It is like a Video game. No feedback from DDiS Steering.
    where HPS of Punto gives excellent feedback while operating. You can get Steering feedback even by closed eyes.

10) Punto has Features. It is VFM. Even dealers are unknown about some features of Punto.

I can give more details. But if I then it will be :eek:fftopic
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Accruracy Of FE in Driver Information System in Linea MJD

Fiat owners please inform regarding your experience in accuracy of FE in "Driver Information System" and "Empty Tank refill method". This time my screen was showing FE of 13 kml (100% mumbai city driving). however when I refilled the diesel after full empty tank the calculation came to 12.3(42 liters filled and total Km done since last Full tank 515.5 Kms). Thus difference of 0.75 per Litre. kindly inform whether any of u found any difference.