1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    Last weekend I have been to Vecto during the free check-up camp.
    I am having a slight tight slotting on the first gear and the mechanic who attended was saying an issue with the gear cable.
    All other gears work fine. Do somebody have an idea about the cost involved in changing the gear cable with a new one?
    Can i drive on for 10K more kilometers and change/lubricate it during the 60K service or is it something which needs to be attended to at the earliest so that i dont get stranded?
  2. ajilmathews

ajilmathews

Kochi
    I am facing similar issue post 100 speed. Did u find solution ?
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Are you guys sure that its the engine noise or the wind noise alone? MJD does does growl beyond 3k rpm. Thats typical of a diesel engine. For wind noise inside cabin, you can refer the following thread where it has been discussed in detail - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/showthread.php?t=2720

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Avnsiva, it's a very common problem with Engine making excessive noise past 100 kms or post 3.5k RPM as it it is stressed out... The Wind noise and Tyre noise however will start coming in because of Degrade in materal quality(Rubber/Plastic) due to heat and cold, tyres can be changed but the Rubber and Plastics you won't get the same insulation quality as you had with you earlier car...
    Underbody coating hardly helps with insulation, you still can hear if small pebbles hit your car underneet however it is mainly used for Protection against Rust. Fiat gives a warrenty for 5 years but it is better you get the underbody done if your car's done 2 years and more.
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    For the past couple of months, apart from the noise, I could sense a bit more vibration inside the cabin when the engine is idling. But once the car moves, the vibrations are gone.
    Any pointers to fix the vibration at idling?

On the engine noise at higher speeds, the engine is not getting stressed out and performance is just fine. I guess there must be some problem with the insulation between the cabin and the engine bay. Will the dampmats resolve this problem? Will doing the damping like our fellow member Desigan fix this?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The tightness can also be due to worn out clutch/bearing.How much is ur car driven.

however Linkages I think cost around rs. 1900 each. Have no idea on the labour cost.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    check engine mounting.
  8. TahaFaizan

TahaFaizan Timido

Bangalore
    Zero Power in First Gear while exiting from an underground parking

Had a strange issue today. I had been to Shoppers Stop today in Koramangala, Bangalore. The parking was underground and was very narrow and a bit steep. I was taking the car out in first gear and suddenly when I hard covered almost 75% uphill, there was zero power. There was no reaction to pressing accelerator and the car got switched off. The car started moving down and by the time I could realize and brake, it had almost touched the wall behind (the distance to wall was very less).

I started the car again with the hope that it should move forward again in first gear and there was zero power again in first gear. The back finally hit the wall, though there are only minor scratches. I

I then had to ask two security guys to push from behind this time and only then it started moving again in 1st gear.
    I have got Linea 1.3 MJD Emotion, which is only 4 months old and approx. 4k On ODO.

1. Has anyone experienced this before? While climbing I really felt as if the car is unable to move forward due to sheer weight. But it is difficult to believe that the car would not be manufactured to climb from an underground parking even though this was a bit steep. I am planning for first service in couple of days and would raise the issue with service centre. Any thoughts what could be the reason.

2. In case the service centre folks tell that everything OK with the car, how do we test it for uphill power delivery? Do service centres have any testing procedures?

3.Not sure about the approach to rectify the scratches on back bumber? Any inputs please. I have bumper to bumper insurance from Future Generalli. Is this covered as part of insurance?

Thanks for your inputs.
  9. GaganTakker

GaganTakker Amatore

New Delhi
    It happens for Diesel ones in hills as well as the car is very cold
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Was the AC on?

How many passengers in car?

The 90HP engine gets damn lazy with lag when AC is at full blast and with people on board. Taking an upward slope would only complicate things further.