1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i felt this jerk only in 1st gear :O
    and this happens like :
    Changed gear to 1st, slowly push on accel pedal release the clutch completly, car moving normally.if suddenly i have to stop due to traffic i slow down the car by removing the leg from accel pedal and slowlly pushing clutch pedal,now if traffic moves again i have to give immediate push to accel pedal by releasing the clutch at this moment i feel the jerk(very harsh jerks) and later to overcome this i have to gear shift to 2nd.This problem only with 1st gear.i believe this is normal in all our cars ?
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

No, they did't coz upon checking and taking a 5min test drive they found everything normal and I wont blame them for anything, car was running fine at that time. Thou upon insisting they checked turbo hoses, everything was fine. Car is behaving normally now. Lets see what it shows me today. I know there is definitely something wrong but the problem is not constant, its intermediate, so hard to show it to TASS. I will live with till 3rd service, just 8k kms from it now.
    Actually problem feels like that something is obstructing the engine to pull forward, it all happens in pre turbo range, after that everything is normal. I did some googling and all symptoms are of that of a bad fuel. Dont wanna use any additive.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It is normal, I think this is due to extremely short 1st gear. You can completely avoid this when you'll become even more used to Punto's behavior :)
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have almost done 50K Kms still learning... The MJD ... :evilsmile
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

I think even 1lakh kms+ is not enuf to fully learn about MJDs :-D You never know what surprise you will get
    Btw, sorry did't knew you have clocked so much :) I take my words back.

And the problem is back (again), but I ignored it by putting pedal to metal and spooling turbo most of the time :-D Will do the same till I reach 30K kms. Let third service come, tab dekh lenge..

Till then, no more cribbing : :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Excessive Engine and Wind Noise at high speeds

Of late, when I am travelling at 100-120's, the cabin is getting a lot of noise (Engine, Wind and Tyre!!) and its becoming uncomfortable.

I came across some DIY damping posts on other forums by using Yoga Mats and Wurth Damping Mats for the doors. But will the engine noise enter the cabin through doors?

WIll Wurth StoneGuard or 3M underbody treatments reduces the tyre and engine noise?
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Gear Linkages

My car has completed 75000 Kms.The original clutch is now showing sings of wear.I feel little juddering, vibration, slip but the clutch paddle is still not got hard (paddle may not get hard in hydraulic clutch), the gear changing is fine. I feel the gear lever has developed some play.Last service the service guy sprayed wd40 on gear linkages and they again were smooth.
    Can some inform me where the gear linkages are located in Linea Diesel.With picture would be really appreciated.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The linkage is right beneath the gear lever. The cables attach to it.

I agree with time it gets pretty loosened up. I drove a 1.2 Lac km run Punto and it's gear level felt loose and wayward.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It became sticky some 10000 kms back.The TASS sprayed WD40 and it became smooth again.No adjustment in the gear cable as told by TASS u have to change the cables.But I see any screw at the end where it connects to the linkages.Is it for adjusting or something else.
  9. I too have this problem in my punto, but only at 100-120's when reviving up more than 120 (i.e 130 and 140 +) every sound (engine , wind and tyre ) reduced a lot. THis happens in my car.

Dont know the real fact happening in other punto..
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guru,
    Check for engine mounts.Engine guard.
    You are driving a diesel,adapt it with your choice of Music inside the cabin.