1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. You may want to change the title as resolved.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    you have learnt a lot because of your old punto and the fiat service.

but the main learning lesson for you according to me is the FUEL.

congrats on buying the best hatch 90hp punto. make sure you use good fuel from reputed pump this time.

Regards,
    Amit
  3. Italia-Linea, bhai,

What was that problem with FUEL ?

the service manual suggests not to use enriched fuels which may harm turbo.
    was this due to premium diesel ?
  4. Sada. That was a great explanation. A similar explanation was given by the service engineer. But i am not able to reproduce the explanation when I sat to write down. Thanks for the explanation. I have never filled up the premium FUEL and I will not do it unless if the situation arises like no fuel pump near by and no normal diesel available at the station and my car had very little fuel.

Please do check the picture and let me know.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    he filled kerosene yukt diesel :)
  6. I am afraid the same problem has come up once again. On sunday when I was returning back from Vedanthangal, the car performance was pathetic. I took the Chengalpet - Mahaballipuram route while returning to go to mayajaal. I could'nt continue my driving after reaching mahaballipuram since my right leg started paining like hell. I can realize that I was pressing the pedal more than the usual to maintain the power range. I stopped the car and rested for 10 minutes and only then I was able to proceed. Again when we were at 'Dhakshin Chitra' i was not able to press the pedal coz of the pain. I didnt stop since we had to be there at mayajaal at time. Reaching Mayajaal I cudn't walk for sometime. I was driving with 4 guys on board, when ever i encounter a speedbreaker, the car took ages to gain speed. And today morning the car feels lil better may be since I am the only one in the car.

Am taing the car for First Service this friday. Had to get it checked and fixed. If this goes on happening I am afraid I might not be willing to take the car for long drive with my family members in the future.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did you check that same hose yourself?

If this time around, it is found that the hose had come loose again, then INSIST on a replacement of the complete hose with a new one.

Gurjinder.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I have checked that hose in my car, you need 2.5 killo ka haath of sunny paaji to pull it out, I doubt the issue you are facing is due to that. A rat/mouse/dog/spider/water splash can not pull it away just like that.
    Only way it can get displaced is when there is any cut in the hose and if it fits loosely on the place where it is supposed to fit due to that cut.

Ask the SA to look into the matter seriously and also warn him that you will complain to Fiat if the problem is not solved completely to your satisfaction.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  9. I did try to check but I couldn't reach the slot where the Hose fits in. I have to try that again today.
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Follow the hose carefully it turns a little before it goes into back of engine above 10-13 cm from underbelly protection plate.
    Cover your whole hand by cloth to prevent any cut from clips of hoses in engine bay.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011