1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Is it better than the stock condition?
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Can you post a snap of the tube which was off the place? Might be useful for all of us :)
  3. royj

royj Esperto

A colleague of mine and fellow TFI member Roshin faced a similar issue some time back. The symptoms were poor acceleration and power delivery and excessive smoking. The problem was a rupture in this tube and Kulathunkal Motors failed to diagnose the problem. He took it to Mohandas Motors where they diagnosed and resolved the issue.

OT: TFI is really slow. First I thought the problem was with my ISP, now I see others facing this too.
  4. Yeah.. even I am facing the same problem..
  5. 2cdzu5h.jpg or http://i53.tinypic.com/2cdzu5h.jpg

The Circled part is the cable. The Arrow points from where the Tube comes and the tube was connected to the rear of the engine. Any Idea of what it is Gurus. I understand the SE did connect this tube but really didnt understand what vaccum pressure is . Please post your views on the fix done by the SE.

Yes for sure, but not a very big difference. Feels like the Car pulls with less effort. Clutch shaking is gone 90 % but I could feel it is still there very lightly. Have to check with other puntos if this is normal.
    The Steering is still tight. The new rattles which started yesterday are still there.
    Seat Height Adjustment Lever jam is fixed. He pullled the lever very hard and it started working.
    The acceleration is really better than the stock condt.

Thanks Shams.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

happy to know that the problem is resolved, Now if I face that issue, I know where to check first, thanks to you, Srida.
  7. Great news...
    So that pipe needs to be checked in such a case...
  8. I forgot to mention this. when I asked the SE that how could this leak happen in a new car, he said one has to pull it with a little effort to unplug the pipe. It cud have happened when doing water wash or a rat would have pulled. I didn't do any underbody waterwash or in the engine bay. Then it striked to me that day before yesterday for the very first time I parked my car in the under ground parking. So the most probable cause cud be a RAT Game.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  9. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

GOod to hear that the problem is fixed. Srida, do you feel the VST folks are better in service than Concorde?
  10. @narayan This is my first visit to service center. Also I have never been to concord. So I can't compare. The SE at vst anna salai, his name is murali, he was spot on when I explained him the prob. Also he was able to fix the seat height adjustment in no time. If you are to vst, you can ask for this guy to treat ur car if possible. He was well educated abt the VGT and he explained the difference of 90hp and 75hp very good, which I didn't expect from a tata SE. But the other SE was Just Ok.