1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Did the battery reset procedure and the car feels good now! This is wierd.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    thats a good news Harish, when are you giving me a treat then ? :)
  3. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Anytime we meet! I might drop in to Pune soon. Trying to sell my R15.
  4. HarishSegar

HarishSegar

Mumbai
    Had the service center check up the car. Everything looks perfect now. The reset by disconnecting battery did really solve the problem! On a lighter note: sounds more like a Microsoft solution (ctrl + alt + del) :)
    I am hoping it doesn't occur again. If it does, I will bring the car in "as-is" immediately.

A note to anyone else facing sluggish feel. Please don't do battery reset at first go. Take it to a service center first and let them look at the diagnostics. A reset may solve your problem but may also take away the ability to fully diagnose. Get the diagnostic done first then reset.

I would like to make one note though: I had escalated the issue to FIAT and I could see the follow up and attention paid to my case. Honestly, I am impressed.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Symptoms of your car and my car match each other 100 %
    But I am sorry to state that It will be no use.
    TATA guys will do following trial & error

1) They will connect ECU Examiner and show you "No ECU Errors" :A

2) Still you are not satisfy,they will give stock car to compare & will try to convince you :A

3) Still you are not convince they will compare ECU reading of new car with your car & argue that ECU readings of your car are stronger than new car. So "ALL IS WELL " :A

4) Then they will advice you to search loyal petrol pump :A

5) Still your car is giving same bad performance & if you shout on them after doing all these trials,they will quarrel you & give insulting treatment & declare that you have perception problem. Further they will not do any repair of your car.
    Go to another city. In future don't come at our door for any service.

Bogus & headless TATA guys.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thread starter's issue has been resolved to his satisfaction. Thread is being locked to avoid illogical discussions and bumping. Members are requested to report this post if they wish to re-open this thread.
  7. jerryruban

jerryruban

Chennai
    Use of changing Fuel Filter

i drive a Punto MJD - Emotion, What the use of changing fule filter, actually im supposed to change it in my 15000 km service, bt at that time there was no stock, so the advisor wanted me to change it after some time.

I forgt to do it till date, im nearing 20000 kms, just wanted to know whts the use in changing it, will there be any improvement in mileage, right now im getting 12 -13 KMPL in city traffic.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The one and only purpose of any filter is to, filter. Filter out particles which should not find their way into your engine and cause harm.

The filter in your car is well beyond it's lifespan and get it changed ASAP.

A clogged filter may send less than required fuel and also send unfiltered fuel into the engine, since it's impurity holding capacity would be saturated by now. And Indian fuel is not exactly the cleanest and free of impurities.

So, get the needful done.

Gurjinder.
  9. Worst acceleration and new problems showing up.

Strange behavior from my Punto 90 HP.I started back home from office today evening from Tidel Park. Everything was normal for the first 4-5 Kms. Then I felt some kinda Mild Dhud Dhud sound from somewhere under my foot. I thought cud be some bad patch of road. But the sound became a bit louder when I accelerated (40 KMPH) and this time it was clearly from under the hood. I stopped, parked to the sides and checked for any objects is stuck to the suspension or inside the engine bay. Nothing suspicious. Started my car and again I could hear the sound. All of a sudden I could feel a pain of my right leg (calf muscles). I realized I was pressing the A Pedal hardly. Then I noticed How hard I press the acceleration is very slow. I thought the HandBrake is engaged but No. The RPM strugled to reach 1500 and after that the pick up was kinda OK. but the engine Noise was horrible. AT 2000 RPM the car speed was 30 KMPH in 3rd gear. Then shifting up to 4th gear the car was still at 30 KMPH and the RPM was 1500. and at 2000 RPM the car could manage just 40 KMPH. 1. The Steering was tight. 2. I could hear a lot of rattles from both the front doors and steering. 3. Lots of sqeeks when going up and down on a speedbraker. 4. The clutch travel was short. Not the usual long travel. I never faced these issues, rattles and sqeeks till today morning. I couldn't expain how I felt. I stopped the car and called the RSA. The guy said nothing dangerous, if the car can be driven take it to the nearest servince center but dont exceed speed more the 35 KMPH. I asked him what could be the problem, he said some Nut Bolt problem sir. WTHell. Then I reached the highway and again did some diagnostics. The same were the results. @ 2.5 K RPM the car touched 60. I have reached home and planning to take the car to the SC tomorrow morning. I am worried that I have an important meeting tomorrow morning that I shouldn't miss. I didnt expect this kinda let down at just 1800 KM on the ODO.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    was any white smoke coming? it might be bad fuel quality..
    rarest of all possibilities .. any chance of having filled petrol in ur car by mistake?