1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Engine

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ysapre, Jul 8, 2010.

1. ysapre

ysapre

Mumbai
    Wierd sound after cold start-

Hi,

I am getting a sound after starting the engine usually only on cold starts in the morning. It sounds like timing belt [just my guess]. We have 5 LINEA's in our office and most of them are 2010, i heard the same sound in one of my friends LINEA which is just 5 months old and covered 6000 kms...however for him this sound has started few days back...The sound goes off as the car gets momentum..it is for about 10-15 seconds...
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Re: Wierd sound after cold start-

Petrol na?? Does the sound come only when it has rained??
    If so, then its just the alternator belt and water between the pulleys..

Once the water is out it goes away.
    But remember, NOT to turn the compressor ON immediately. Turn it ON after 3 mins of engine running.
  3. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

I use to get such noise from my earlier Indica Petrol. Strange to hear Linea also has the same issue!
  4. gautam84

gautam84

New Delhi

yes even i get this screeching noise everyday when i start ma linea..
    it started in winters so i thought it is d water in the alternator belt which is causing this..
    but now in summers m getting the same noise.. never expected this from linea..
    may be one of the two belts is loose..have to get it checked at TASS..
    but how wud TASS identify it as this noise goes away after 5 mins of run
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Just ask them adjust your car's belts..
    The next if it still occurs, take up the issue directly with the manager. give him a word or 2 on the service provided at his SC.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Alternator, AC and fan belts are the the troublemaker for this noise.. Especially during rains.. Faced such issues in my wagon R during rains which used to be fixed by tightening the belts...
  7. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    conversion of Punto FGT to VGT

can the existing Punto's FGT be replaced by VGT. will it effect the handling , milaege or performance ?
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: conversion of Punto FGT to VGT

I don't think that would be a possibility.
    Go and test drive VGT and see really if need it. I feel FGT itself is adequate.
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger

i guess Punto FGT is adequate but Punto VGT shud be a gem of an engine with driveability good both in city and highways without sacrificing performance and mileage. i think Punto FGT will continue in only 2 models-active and dynamic. Emotion and Epk will have VGT engine without much change in price and that shud make it a real VFM car.
  10. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Honestly , the Punto FGT is quite adequate and we learn to live with it including the European and Brazilian users who had lapped it up in millions. FIAT fans have savoured their various products with a balanced expectation. Well the conditions of the market have changed and FIAT fans alone would not be enough. It is is the fence sitters who have not experienced a FIAT product and have a stock pile of criticism who are going to be wooed into the family with this transition from FGT to VGT.

Abdul