1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Got a replacement tyre with 65% discount as goodwill warranty from apollo tyres :) I started filling nitrogen and taking 5 mins break every 2 hours. Noticed that the tyres are hot even after doing above things. I expected them to be less hotter compared to regular air filled tyres. This was on a 450 kms trip with speeds < 110. Is this normal or Shoud I change the shop where I fill nitrogen :confused:
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I have never bothered checking tyre temperature @carl_jhonson :)

Keep air pressure as per the recommendation and take regular breaks, no need to stop every 2 hours for sure.
    All will be fine!
  3. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Went to Kanyakumari, Trivandrum from my hometown Madurai last weekend. Took the Nagercoil route to Trivandrum and sengottai route while coming back. The return drive was very much enjoyable as it is full of twisty roads and less traffic compared to the Nagercoil - Trivandrum route. It is a scenic route. I was very eager to take some photographs at the 13 kannara bridge with my punto. But due to ongoing roadworks there could not do so. Overall FE was 15.4 kmpl & distance covered is 638 kms.

IMG_20161010_154232508.jpg

IMG_20161010_162600189.jpg

IMG_20161009_134331729.jpg
    limraj, gpunto75, pabhishek and 6 others like this.
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Today while approaching the car noticed some hose dangling under the rear right. Seen in rear left too but not very long as in the right. I have attached a pic of it. Before taking the car to FASS would like to know what it is.

1-IMG_20161104_130854084.jpg
    Trilok Chandar likes this.
  6. V. K. Pasupathy

V. K. Pasupathy Amatore

Karur, Tamil Nadu, India
    Karur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Looks like brake line. Get it fixed asap
  7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Will take the car tomorrow to FASS. Thanks.
    Rama likes this.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just came back from FASS. That is the abs sensor cable. SA fixed it in 2 mins. No broken brackets/clips he told. Will check it periodically for sometime. If the cable fall from its place next time, then have to look for some permanent solution.

Completed a dozen trips from Chennai to hometown Madurai so far. Attached is a pic taken during the last trip. The car behaves well in highway and confirms every time that my choice is indeed is a good one :joyful:

IMG_20161101_104718.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  9. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson During my last trip to Sivaganga via Melur on 13.08.2016, I had a lunch stop at Temple Inn (Trichy - Madurai side) and found a 90HP punto silver colour (Chennai Regd) parked alongside to my RED 90HP. Just wanna know if it was you? My Phone battery was dead to take a snapshot.
    Trilok Chandar likes this.
  10. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR I was traveling to Madurai on Aug 12th. That day I started late and crossed Trichy by 5 PM. It is someone else car. :)
    Trilok Chandar and KPR like this.