1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. prabhu

prabhu Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    carl_jhonson likes this.
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Completed second free service 10 days ago. ODO reading was a little less than 12k. Changed Air filter, pollen filter and fuel filter. Also got underbody coating done for 2k. Total bill was Rs.5147. Reported about twitchy steering at highway speeds and FASS fixed it by doing WB again.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  3. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Went to Yelagiri last weekend. FE: 16.2 kmpl; Distance: 460kms; Duration: 8.5 hours.

A casual check of the tires revealed a crack on the shoulder line of right rear tire. This one is the stock apollo alnac 4g tire. As expected warranty claim was rejected. A goodwill warranty replacement is under process.

I usually keep 32 psi even if I am the only one driving. So tire pressure is not an issue I think. Tires are manafactured on 29th week of 2015. So they are not old enough to develop a crack.

I usually drive non stop for 3.5 to 4 hours. Will a blowout / crack happen because of continuous driving and tire overheating ? I fill normal air only.

IMG_20160910_130218310.jpg

IMG_20160910_130457788.jpg
    varunrtr likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Given that you drive non-stop for 3-4 hours on the highways, its better to get Nitrogen filled as it would keep the tyre cooler and the air leak would also be minimized. This helps specially on a hot afternoon when the temperature soars. Also, the wear and tear of tyre would also be reduced. I have filled nitrogen on my Punto 90 HP from the first day.
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy Thanks for the suggestion. I will fill nitrogen hereafter and see how it runs.
  6. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    For some weird reason even the ASC guy who came to my house on explaining on Fiat new customer lessons instructed me not to fill tyres with Nitrogen but with ordinary air only. (He said he's also not aware of why Fiat has instructed them to say so!)
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I dont see anything against filling nitrogen bro, in fact it should increase the life of the tyre, specially if highway drives are frequent. In city there is not much difference IMO.
  8. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson Have you renewed your insurance? Which company's do you have? Is it a comprehensive or zero dep one? Any specific add on you have availed? Price split up too. I'm contemplating to get one this month. The free insurance offered by the dealer is all cooked up amount. So I 'm analysing to get one. Your views will be benefical for me to decide best one.
  9. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I have renewed insurance from Future Generali. Was looking for Higher IDV and Cashless claims. Got a quote for FG through dealer. Did a quick checkup online and FG's IDV is the highest. FASS has tieup with FG for cashless repairs.

FG has two plans. Basic (comprehensive I guess) is 20.5k+ . Second is Basic + plan 1 which also comes with zero depreciation, Theft or loss of keys, RSA, Loss of personal belongings. Also opted for the Engine protector addon(Rs. 1.7k). Total premium paid is 26.7k

Though I don't need Loss of personal belongings / keys forced to take plan 1 for Zero dep. Its only available as a package.
    KPR likes this.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the info. I'm also inclined towards FG due to its established system with Fiat. But an analysis online reveals so much that it becomes difficult for one to go with a particular insurance agency for more than one time. Again ignorance would've been a bliss.
    carl_jhonson likes this.