1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    for FWD cars always rotate the tyres in Forward cross direction. WA-every 5k, WR-every 10K.

fr.JPG
    PradeepM likes this.
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak Not aware of these patterns before. Will keep this in mind while going for WR :)
  3. Giridhar

Giridhar Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi @carl_jhonson. Congratulations for becoming a Fiatian and crossing 10K mark. I too initially had the knee pain because of long follow through of the clutch pedal. But got used to it and knee pain was out. I just got my wheel alignment and wheel balancing done in medavakkam. They charged me Rs 600.
    But they told me that doing wheel balancing at 30K will not give much result. Is it true.

@Deepak. Thanks for sharing the info on tyre rotation. Will keep that in mind.

Happy motoring
  4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Giridhar I too got used to it. No complaints now. Not sure why they told you wheel balancing will not be effective. May be someone else can throw some light.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson @Giridhar Im of a different opinion here. It is better to prolong the WA & WB unless you find difficulty / notice abnormal wear out of tyres.
    Reg - Clutch. May be we fiat-ians should drive a toyota diesel with hard clutch. We went to Munnar in our relatives innova and I drove upto 50 kms in hills. The clutch is so hard and maneuvering with third and second gears in inclines and declines was difficult after being used to clutch of punto. Missed the services clutch, steering and suspension of my punto resting in backyard :banghead:

P.S: Now I need to do Dindigul-Theni-Bodi-Munnar-Chinnar-Marayoor-Anaimalai-Udumalpet-Palani-Dindigul circuit again in my RED as I didn't show him these good scenic roads but opted to hop into an innova.
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    prabhu and PradeepM like this.
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @KPR yes, clutch is light in punto compared to other cars I have driven. Driving punto in hills is really an enjoyable experience.

Will WA be useful if your tyre starts wearing out? IMO, the damage has been made and doing WA after that can only mitigate that.
    prabhu likes this.
  7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    10 days back received a call from my dealer requesting me to bring my vehicle for ECU update. I updated it last Friday.

Turbo lag is very much reduced now. City driving is much easier. Waiting eagerly to test it out in highway.

Also completed WA / WB.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Bro did you find what was the ECU update for? I heard in TFI that it had to do with some emissions?
    Also heard of only for 90 HP diesels? Is it true?
  9. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    It is for 90hp Punto as well as Linea. Dealership told me it is to improve emissions. But I certainly feel turbo kicking in early at around 1600rpm.
    prabhu, PradeepM and prabhjot like this.
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2016
    prabhu likes this.