1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Did you engaged all the levers? Depending on the steepness of ramp, we pull parking brake lever.
    Are you sure that parking brakes are not holding up even after pulling completely?
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Yeah, I tried raising the lever fully. Even after that it did not work. Today I went Sirumalai, a hillside place near my hometown. There I found that the handbrakes are working as it should. Not sure what happened :happy: Will post if I see this issue again.

Attaching some pics taken during today's trip.

WP_20151206_008.jpg

WP_20151206_021.jpg

WP_20151206_023.jpg

WP_20151206_034.jpg
    prabhu, Ravi_M, Murphy_Fiat and 4 others like this.
  3. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    5k service done few days ago. There was a mild pull towards left. Paid 1200 for Wheel alignment and balancing which fixed the pull. How often should we do WA & WB. Replaced a tyre few weeks back and did WA & WB then. Again after approx 4k left pulling cropped up. Should we do it this often?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Thats some hefty amount you paid for the WA/WB, I generally pay around 600-800 rs. General thumb rule is you should do the WA/WB every 5K kms or 6 months whichever is earlier. Another thumb rule to follow the WA/WB is tyre rotation.
    Aviral singh likes this.
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @ghodlur Thanks for the info. Rs. 600-800 at FASS or some independent shops. I did it at FASS as part of 1st free service.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Outside FASS at an independant shop. Have doing my previous vehicles WA/WB also at the same shop, hence is quite known to me.
  7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ok. Here too independent shops charge more or less same. Only FASS is charging 1200
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    After 9.5k kms, changed engine oil and oil filter last week. Going to maintain 10k drain interval. Weather strip near front right quarterglass was coming off. SA said it is bent and cannot replace it under warranty. So paid Rs.330 for it.

Boot door is not closing when shut lightly. Have to lift it all the way up and close it. SA said it is normal. Is it so? Security at my office usually closes it after 4/5 attempts.

Planned to do wheel rotation and wheel alignment. But the machine was not working at that time. So it is postphoned to second service.

Crossed 10k mark yesterday.

IMG_20160518_115937607.jpg
    prabhu likes this.
  9. Harsha89

Harsha89 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson Congratulations on reaching the 5 digit mark. The Punto Boot is inherently heavy due to the thick sheet metal for added protection against rear collisions. Just raise the boot lid to about 1/3rd distance from bottom and give a gentle nudge, no need to slam, if you raise it too high, the hydraulic struts start to act and it will be more difficult to close. Regarding wheel rotation/alignment/balancing, the ideal time interval is 7.5-10k kms. It would be a better option to get it done soon as it will prolong the tyre life and also suspension component life. Happy driving and enjoy the car :)
    prabhu likes this.
  10. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Harsha89 Thanks for the clarification. Will do wheel rotation soon :)
    Harsha89 likes this.