1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @SVN Thanks. I too hope I will get used to it.

@Joe_Gunner Mine came with Apollo Alnac 4G only. I feel turbo lag if I shift up at around 1200 rpm. No lag when shifting after 2k rpm but feels jerk after shifting up. May be the jerk is because of the way I drive and not a problem with the vechicle.
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson : Dont worry bro. I drive the same car that i bought 6 months back. You would definitely get used to the Punto ergonomics and the long clutch travel. Try playing with your seat position. Punto's steering is too close, so better push your seat a little backward and then increase your seat height so that you can view the MID with ease. This helped me and as far as long clutch travel is concerned, you would get used to it in sometime.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @carl_jhonson

Apparently this is because: the ergonomic design-assumptions were set for taller, longer-arm driving from italy/europe. Having been to italy, i can confirm that italian men, like many arabs, almost always drive 'long-armed'! Evidently, those ergonomic assumptions are sometimes less-than-ideal for some Indian body-types and driving posture-styles. Nothing one cannot get used to soon enough, though.

Also, the cramped footwell on rhd Punto-s is perhaps because it was initially never designed for rhd-conversion. The lhd Punto-s have no footwell-cramping at all.

More recent Fiat models in Europe (Panda, 500L, 500X/Jeep Renegade...) have set these quirks right, afaik. And so if and when one or more of them come here in say 2017, we'll all be even happier upgrading, no? ;-)
    Turbothinghy and kedarbendre like this.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    For increasing the dead pedal pads, try the common door mat, the green ones generally used outdoors. Based on size requirement, the mats can be stuck or piled one on top. This will also help is keeping the dead pedal clean.

For under thigh support you will need to customize the seat cover so that extra foam padding is provided in the space where the thigh rest. I sometimes use a turkish towel rolled into a cylindrical shape below the thighs for time being and it serves the purpose.
    Pradeepms likes this.
  5. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Still figuring out the seating position that suits me. Seats are almost all the way back now :D

I too hope so.
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  6. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson: I think your car has missed the recent ECU update to nullify the jerk. Check in Fass regarding the same. Fiat already has rolled out a ECU update to fix the issue
  7. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Deepak I will do that. I was under the assumption that since it is a july manufactured vehicle, the update would have been done already.
  8. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    There won't be any jerk if the update has done. I am 100% sure that your car missed the update. Get the ECU updated :)
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Sure, I will do that buddy:)
    Deepak likes this.
  10. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Took my car to the service center for ECU update yesterday. Seems like my car came with the updated ECU. They said the jerk issue is fixed. But I am not able to find any difference.

This question may sound naive :) After shifting up what is the correct procedure to release the clutch. Release it fully in one go? I tried holding the clutch for a sec in the middle while releasing and that seems to help reducing jerk. Not sure though whether it is correct.