1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minimal Grey 90HP

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by carl_jhonson, Sep 23, 2015.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hi TFIans, I recently got my Minimal Grey 90HP delivered from RAMKAY Fiat, Velachery, Chennai. Went for Punto 90HP as it ticked most options in my list :)

Have few questions and welcome your suggestions.

1. I am 6 feet tall and I find the clutch pedal positioned higher than usual from the floor of the car. So while driving in bumper to bumper, I get pain in my left foot. Any ideas how to overcome this

2. I feel jerks whenever I shift up. I tried shifting up late at around 3k rpm, tried shifiting early at around 2k rpm. Still the jerks are there. I am rookie driver with very little driving experience. Have driven only petrol cars before. I guess it has something to do with the way I release clutch. So what is the recommended rpm for shifting up under sedate driving conditions. Also how fast one has to release the clutch pedal.

3. Does 90HP comes with a remote control for the ICE unit?

Thank you all!!
    Prashant Teki likes this.
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    welcome carl to TF.

For the first case i think you will have to get used to the driving position slowly then the pain will go away otherwise just try changing the seating position , it might help.
  3. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Bibin. I will try changing my seating position.
  4. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Carl .. Congrats on your new buy. How much was the OTR price? Did you get any accessories?
    Wishing you many miles ahead.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Heartiest congratulations on the 90 HP scorcher. Minimal grey is indeed a good colour. Suggest to add few pics and your buying experience. No ownership thread on TFI is complete without its set of drool worthy pics.

Regarding the issue of pain in the leg, I would suggest to pad up the dead pedal to bring it to the clutch pedal position, then it becomes easy to shift the leg from clutch pedal to the dead pedal. I would also suggest to increase the under thigh support which is sorely missed in Punto seats.
  6. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Joe. Got it for 8.35L OTR chennai. (50k discount + free insurance). Got floor mats, car cover and mud flaps as free accessories. Also added OEM seat covers and Autocop parking sensors for an extra 9.5k
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 23, 2015 ---
    Thanks ghodlur. Padding the dead pedal seems to be a good idea. Will try it soon. Do not have lot of pics as of now. Will take some in the coming weeks and post it.
    Prathap Chandran S likes this.
  7. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Its a good price, what is the car's manufacturing month?
    Looking forward to your ownership report with pics.

@ghodlur: Any proven DIY for increasing the pedal padding and under thing support will be immensely welcome.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Joe_Gunner It is a July 2015 manufactured car. Will post pics soon
  9. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @carl_jhonson: congrats.
    One of the reason for leg pain may be due to long clutch travel. You will get used to the same shortly.
    Turbothinghy likes this.
  10. Joe_Gunner

Joe_Gunner Novizio

Chennai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @carl_jhonson:
    One more query, were the tyres Apollo Alnac 4G? My dealer is not confirming the same hence the query.
    And how is the turbo log, hopefully the new ECU update should have reduced it.