1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mini TFI meet+Linea & Punto getting seat covers- Need help!!

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by PaddleShifter, Jan 23, 2011.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Re: Mini TFI meet+Linea & Punto getting seat covers- Need he

Regarding the ICE I would recommend first changing the stock speakers before adding the amp and sub. The reason being you'll understand what you need next and also they sound distorted anywhere above 10.

Get some components upfront and a nice 4 Channel Amp with a Sub. Both the components and Sub will run off the amp. You can always replace the rear speakers as well but it'll disturb the soundstage. A 8" Polk or kicker sub should be suffice for Linea since the boot itself acts as kind of enclosure. Also get damping done for front doors and the boot. Head to a good installer as few people tend to not fix the door panels properly and rattling starts again.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula

Yashik
    Go for custom/skin fitting. Padding could be done for front seats of both Linea/Punto to provide good thigh support. Rear seats are good and don't require any padding.
    I have slide on covers they were good when installed but now they have got loose and have started to wear off due to abuse my dog have done to them with nails.
    In my case they agreed to do door trims by applying gum to covers and sticking new covers on them :A .
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

I had got skin tight fitting on my Swift via custom stiching with a good quality rexine... They fit this on the OEM seat covers.
    It took them 3-4 hours to stitch the covers and fitting took almost 2-3 hours... believe me a good tight fitting cover beats any experience...

For my Punto I will wait for Vita-M and once bonus comes in during April / May will consider leather...

And, can we schedule a meet in Delhi / Gurgaon in Feb (prefer a Saturday) for a lunch in one of the Gurgaon outskirts resorts? I will travel from Jaipur and would know roads to enter and exit Gurgaon only and nothing beyond IFFCO Chowk.

Cheers
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

Already count me in for something like that. ::T

Hey Vijay, get a dog(Pet) seat/blanket and ull never face this problem. Its a real solution for nyone with Pets and generally very cheap as well.
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore

Hi All,
    For Mini TFI Meet, I have created a new thread under TeamFiat Meet Dilli Chalo
    viewtopic.php?f=41&t=1640

Please may I kindly request you all to visit the thread and provide your feedbacks..

Paddle Shifter please accept my apologies (and you can :hit me when we meet..) for taking this another thread... you are the original starter of this meet and out of sheer excitement i couldnt resist but create one dedicated thread..
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Guys, thanks for the replies.
    Dr Manraj got his Linea serviced today. Fuel filter was charged at Rs2000 by the way so check your local prices next time for price rise. :wink:
    Linea is getting seat covers tomorrow.
    Today I drove our M800 after a long time.
    I should say this that it looks like if the central locking installer has done a bad job deliberately. How can you do such a job that the whole car is rattling like anything after that.

Anyways, the JBL co-axials in M800 rock. After getting used to Punto's speakers, the JBL ones feel like a 14" dual coil subwoofer + components.
  7. drmanraj

drmanraj

chandigarh

Got seat covers installed on my linea today . Whole process took marathon 7 hrs , tO be precise from 12 to 7 pm.
    Its art leather in beige colour .
    Amount Rs 3700 . Will be posting pics shortly ... c ya .
  8. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

congrtas drmanraj for getting the covers. Did u get the door trims done as well. Waiting for the pictures.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Congrats Dr Manraj. Too bad I could not see the installation process.
    Guys, I had a look at the seat covers while they were being stitched in Dr Manraj and my presence. They look good but I couldn't stay to see a fully made seat cover sadly as something scary happened at my work place while I wasn't around. My heart was in my mouth the entire time while I was driving back with all lights flashing and horns honking. :steering

@Ansal- No, he didn't go for the door trims yet. We got plans for that too.
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

:eek:fftopic

What scary thing can happen at a Hospital or a doctors workplace !!! :shocked

Would Love to know !!!!!