1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mindless FIAT bashing--------- the cause----when will it stop?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sandipan_r15, Aug 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I own a FIAT and I love to drive it.Nothing(in this case it is car) in this world is perfect & so is any car made by any company.Every car has it's own pros and cons. But it is really disturbing to notice that some people(typically belong to some particular auto forums/mags) think(for some mysterious reason) that FIAT product have to be perfect in every aspect covering the credibility as a product called car.

I won't elaborate every point as every knowledgeable tfi-an know it.

My question is, WHY ?

Is every other car perfect?NO.
    Does every other has the built quality of a FIAT?NO.
    Does every other car has the service interval of 15000km?NO.
    Does every other car has all of informations available on the MID as those of a PUNTO/LINEA?NO.
    Does every other car has the braking might of a PUNTO?NO.
    Does every other car has the bad road(not off roading) capability of a PUNTO/LINEA?NO.
    Does every other car has the edge over FIAT in maint.cost.NO?

The list can go for an eternity.

In most of the cases the FIAT bashers are least exposed to a FIAT vehicles.
    The No. of cars FIAT sells per month is minuscule & the market share is below 1%.
    But in every other forum one will see the threads about a FIAT subject is the one most debated------and every topic about a FIAT ultimately becomes a FIAT BASHING THREAD ---even with active participation of the mods who SOMETIMES deliberately remove the posts supporting FIAT keeping the bashing posts intact(just saw such a case in a forum around 16:50 hr---two posts supporting FIAT were deleted).

Does these people afraid of a resurgent FIAT in INDIA.If so then WHY?What are their interest in maligning FIAT/FIAT products?

Come on friends, let's discuss.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Cool down Sandipan. What you are going to get with bashing other cars in Fiat Forum. You may be knowing not all barking dogs bites... So whoever wants to bash Fiat, just let them do. Just think - Your car Your pride...

And for your questions above - VW service interval also 15K km and you can get the MID information in a lots of newly launched cars of Japanese/Korean.
    2 people like this.
  3. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sandipan_r15

Do not get aggravated. It is old saying "To own a something precious in life you need to be eligible for the same.". I think this is where everything rest for me with respect to Punto / Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I know VW has the service interval of 15000 km--that's why I wrote'every other'.I don't want to bash other cars(said, every car has it's pros & cons) but want to find the mystery behind this history of bashing?
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Its in the mindset of Indians. We always want more. Having said that most of the owners who bash have gone through a rough times with fiat. That's something very much outside of ones comfort zone having seen other owners enjoying their car without a hitch. Take example of rituraj here for instance, yet he doesn't bash fiat all the time. But every ones not like him.

There are others who just join the band wagon and start shouting though thy don't even have any idea about stuffs nor gone through the journey. No use ranting about such things.

Bottom line is fiat needs to push more in terms. Quality, marketing and service or spare processes.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It(FIAT BASHING--just before launch of a FIAT product) has started again in T*** *** .One member(who is member of TFI as well) is leading the charge.Interestingly he has recently changed his profile name(which was same as his pname in TFI) in T*** *** .And he is repeatedly furnishing false information regarding presence of FASS in the EASTEREN states.Fiat don't have presence in MANIPUR,MIZORAM,TRIPURA,SIKKIM,ASSAM--in these 5 states.But he has been repeatedly telling it as 9 states.Even he is not iterested to take his car to the nearest FASS(@150km) in the neighbouring state for servicing.

I am not underestimating his pain neither giving clean chit to FIAT.But the way he is furnishing false information again and again indiacates a propaganda in place.

Surely there must be more than one FASS/DEALER in a big state like ASSAM.Imphal has a dealer but the service has not been opened yet(as per FIAT website).But Dimapur has both a dealer & FASS(dealers).Among other EASTERN states Kolkata has 2 FASS & another dealer+FASS coming as AUSTIN got the dealership.There are also dealership + FASS at PATNA(Bihar),Ranchi(Jharkhand),Bhubaneswar(Odisha).So how can it be 9 states?
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Sandipan:
    This so called forum you are talking about, has bashed lot of upcoming cars from TATA as well. They only support specific brand of cars if not all. Their so biased reviews tell us all. Mods like G** are up to going any lengths. Dont give ears to those.
    70-80% of those bashers are of hearsay. We as owners know the quality of our vehicles and its pros/cons.
    If we start bashing the quality of marutis and hyundais, list goes endless. No offence to anybody. Other than mileage/features nothing seems to be important. Lot of lobbying to capture the market. And we consumers are to be blamed for asking only mileage n features.
    Consumer awareness should be built to already advanced car market.
    After 1yr of ownership of Fiat Punto, I have influenced 3 of my friends to buy Fiat Punto. Its dramatic change. As consumer I have owned Swift/Indica/Matiz/Scorpio. After driving punto for quite some time, we all will start appreciating it for reasons we know off.

Fiat cars are build to last. "Live life interestingly"
    Fiat India on the other end should improve service center quality and parts availability. They should make some difference in their attitude and quick turn around. And keep their customers engaged.

There are lot of reviews of Swift petrol or diesel starts clutch juddering/turbo failures/brake issues/rattling for new cars. Consumers are eager to go and get it replaced/serviced. MASS will acknowledge that and replace to keep customer happy. If same would have been for fiat, all reviews start bashing the service quality.

To each his own. No offence to anybody again.

MODS: Not sure if we need this thread at all.
    Murphy_Fiat and mchanna like this.
  8. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    What iam thinking is people are forgetting everything while driving their beasts and enjoying the ride without sharing their happiness, but if they are getting any problem with it (if its small also) they are posting in the forums (may be to get some solution for their problems), but this is where bashers are entering and fulfilling their hate towards FIAT. Most of the bashers are not the real owners of the FIAT.

I Still remember those days, before iam deciding on my purchase. Not even a single person given the good feedback on this product and you know they dont even know driving nor they have any cars. Yes Even i faced the problem initially. But iam the one enjoying the beauty since last 3yrs. We cant explain few things like nature, love and our fiats in words. They have to feel it.

Even i dont like the negative publicity, atleast its impacting 1% of their sales because of bad mouth.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    1%??? It is at least affecting 50% of the sales.

You rightly mentioned. People are using forums only to find the solution. But it is unfortunate that they don't turn back and share the happy moments after the issue has been resolved.
    VIJENDRA SINGH and asimpleson like this.
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Most Fiat bashers envy the fact that we have bought a 6lakh/8lakh/10lakh car following our hearts and have nothing but (mostly) good things to say about these cars and are always having fun driving them. While they have purchased the "trusted" brands but don't find themselves having as much fun nor find themselves as connected to their cars.
    5u3zEr0, ccprakash and mchanna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.