1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Military trucks!

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by clash81, Jun 20, 2012.

1. royj

royj Esperto

All vehicles have Castor, Camber and Toe-in settings. Camber and Toe-in for most of them are very small around 2-3 degrees and not noticeable by just observing. Exceptions seems to be APE and Tatra.
    Castor is easier to notice in the front wheels two wheelers. It is the angle between the axis of the steering and the vertical through the contact patch of the wheel. So those American chopper bikes have huge castor angles.
    2 people like this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

I have noticed few car tires makes an angle when fully turned. For example when turned left the left tire tilt outside a little making an angle with ground. Now I noticed that this angle varies car to car. Merc tire makes maximum angle when turned. My swift makes more angle than the Linea, Linea has very less tilt.
    I always think this is someting to do with turning radius and cornering ability. Dont know why Linea tires doesn't have that much tilt, may be thats why Linea has more turning radius but very good in cornering. There may be a trade off between this two.

Got some answers - here - http://www.ozebiz.com.au/racetech/theory/align.html

Thanks for starting this thread ! Learned new things.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Thanks Soumen for the link.
    The Design and Engineering of Suspension and Steering is one area where the Fiats excel and we experience that in the excellent handling and stability of our cars.

May be we should change the title of the thread to something more meaningful with permission from thread starter Clash81.
    1 person likes this.