1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of punto evo multijet

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Kanungo, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Kanungo

Kanungo Timido

hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Hi,
    I got my punto evo multijet on 30/04/16. i have been having a constant eye on my trip calculator. from 3rd/4th day on wards i have been getting average mileage in the range of 16.1-17.0, this with AC on almost all the time. my travel is a mix of highway and city.can anybody share his/her experience in this regard? is there any room for further improvement in mileage?

Mod Note: Thread moved to Technical section. Kindly open threads in the right section. Thanks
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  2. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    it is fine....check after 5k....it will increase
  3. Kanungo

Kanungo Timido

hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    thanks bibin
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Kanungo, the FE is definitely good and acceptable. Yes there are ways to improving the FE by depriving yourself some fun element in the drive (it again depends on what kind of drive you prefer, pep or leisure).
    Kindly check the below thread for some tips to improve your FE.
    Post # 231 Page 24.
    http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/the-new-linea-2014.13852/page-24
    Also, kindly search the forum and you will be able to locate numerous discussions on this topic, where you can pick up some suitable practices for your driving style.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    Kanungo likes this.
  5. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Kanungo Don't worry. Welcome to TFI. First of all Congrats on your new tank. You have chosen a good well engineered car amongst plethora of hatchbacks in the market. I think you own a 75 HP. This engine of fiat is a frugal master compared to 90 HP and you can start tapping mileage soon after services.
    Kanungo and PradeepM like this.
  6. Kanungo

Kanungo Timido

hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @PradeepM thanks for the link. yes buddy, this FE is acceptable to me also.anything excess of this is a bonus, given the thrill i derive out of driving my punto.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016 ---
    @KPR thanks buddy.yeah you are right, i was about to take 90 hp but in the last moment i changed to 75 hp. but i test drove the 90 hp and i still miss the punch of that beast.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  7. Sachin patel

Sachin patel Amatore

Vadodara
    Vadodara
    Punto Evo 1.3
    My one 76bhp is 5k done in 2months service done yesterday only..its just cleaning and routine check up no oil topup only air filter and ac filter cleaning. About fuel economy from day one i am getting Between 17.5 to 19.8 kmpl.regularly driving above 100 and below 150 on highway . hardly drive less than 500 km in city so not able to tell city average.even though I drive above 130 still getting 17.5 to 18

Below is my driving style if anyone like to give advice please...

Never giving throttle in 1st gear unless it's very much required
    Until half heating mark not driving above 1500 rpm
    Changing gear on every 2000 rpm max
    On highway speed increase slowly till 80/90 after that as required
    After that try to be on same rpm..it's not advisable still
    Before reaching destination last km drive below 1500 for turbo cooling.
    Try for idealing min 30 sec before switching off engine
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 2, 2016 ---
    Also above is ac on all the time
    Kanungo and PradeepM like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
  9. Kanungo

Kanungo Timido

hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Sachin patel thanks dude for sharing the info. i will try driving this way and see the mileage.