1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of Fiat Avventuta 93 Hp 209 NM Torque

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by oxom, Apr 21, 2015.

1. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Sujoy bhai.. I maintain speeds of around 80-90 and I occasionally touch 110.So doing that speed in avventura what mileage can be expected.

Also would like to point that I got 13 kmpl once when speeds were in the range of 120-150kmph.
    In such speeds what mileage will I get in avvavventura?
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @oxom Oh! so you too own a Swift. Mate I have two cars The GP 90 HP and Swift Petrol. My Swift Petrol wears 195/70 shoes and let me tell you I have managed 15 km/l even on my Swift. The mileage what you are getting is absolutely fantastic. 16-17 km/l for any petrol car is pretty impressive.

Now moving on to GP 90 HP I was extremely unhappy with the way the car drove initially. As with all Fiat cars engines open up brilliantly as one munches miles. During the test drive of the GP 90 HP I never felt it to be sluggish but a new car was obviously very lethargic and I felt sad. Besides having driven petrol cars my driving style was not suited to diesel cars. And to make matters worse I was hell bent on getting the maximum mileage. Then a TFI meet changed it all. I found most memebers were happy with their cars performance. I found that the low end response in their cars were much better than mine. Learnt about how modern ECUs adapt to different driving styles. So you have the same MJD giving 17 and upwards and sometimes lower depending on how you drive. I read more about ECUs and completely changed my driving style. Now I rev the cars as much as possible when ever I get an open strecth. I do 3 K RPMs and above as much as possible. Now my GP doesn't feel slouch and lower end drivability has improved. On open streches I rarely bother about mileage knowing that MJD can average around 15 when driven at good speeds.

Now I guess to get better mileage I have to change my driving style again and let the ECU adapt to it again. But I too have got 21 km/l few times but drive was very controlled and sedate. But then it takes out all the fun of driving especially when you are driving a Fiat. I hardly bother about mileage now and dont harp on "Kitna Deti Hai" but when challenged I can show people too that "Itna Deti Hai". After knowing what Fiats are capable after my ownership now am lusting for Abrath TJET to be launched next year. Who knows I may trade in my GP for a Abarth or may get the Abarth as a second car depending on my finances then. What fun would it be the MJD 90 HP for those epic road trips and the Abarth TJET for those short spirited drives.

Dont worry too much about mileage mate. If you have set your eyes on Avvy just go it or else even the 90 HP Evo fits the bill fine as well. Some pleasures in life is worth more than the dough you spent on it.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 8, 2015 ---
    Well just to clear your concerns on mileage. MJD return the best figure when driven between 1.7 K - 2 K RPMS and speeds hovering between 40-70 kms in 4th/5th gears. Yes they actually do. I have tried that and the mileage can sometime go up to around 25-26 km/l. But at those RPMS the turbo zone is still some RPMS away and unless you are driving on plain roads its very difficult to maintain those RPMS. With Avvy being tuned better it would be a little better to drive in that zone. This was achieved only for a short distance of 40 kms.

The second economical zone is 2.2 K - 2.5 K RPMS the turbo kick in zone with speeds between 70-100 km in 4th/5th gears. This is zone is more real world and such speeds/RPMs are easier to maintain and still drive the car comfortably. Besides other factors like how much(amount & sytle of braking - sudden/progressive), how and when you change gears(best to upshift between 2.2 -2.5 K RPMS) , maintianing consitent speeds , road types. gradient etc play an integral part in mileage figures.

Mate I believe you are reading too much into mileage figures. Rest assured you will have a mileage figures better than 15 km/l. Anything more will purely depend on your driving style. The speeds you have mentioned should return you more than 20 km/l on hoghways and upwards of 16 km/l in city driving depending on traffic.
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    limraj, oxom and prabhjot like this.
  3. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks maybe out of context does anyone know elite I20 crdi what mileage does it give in city and highway? Adding to my miseries my I20 has arrived.But my heart is towards Aventura even if it's slow.Is there a difference of just 1.5 kmpl in real world scenario
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @oxom

Sounds like you're fated to have the i20 'Elite' !;):(

Mileage should not be the sticking point for you with the mjd at all, imo. Really, it should be the issue whether you're willing to chance it with Mahesh Motors for the longer-run in Assam.

cheers
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @oxom Do not get me wrong buddy. But you took too much of time bothering about mileage. Got to take a stand now mate. Take the monetary loss and get the Avvy. To me it looks like mileage is a very important factor for you. Irrespective of what real world figures are its better you go and get the one which will give you peace of mind which to me looks like I20 Elite. No point buying Avvy then if most important criteria is mileage and then regret later. If anything else other than mileage ,interior quality is important to you Avvy is a no brainer. FASS no one can give you gaurentee unless Mahesh is operational fully and feedback starts trickling in. Best of luck buddy. Looks like you are destined to own a Elite. If not you would already have canceled the booking by now.
    prabhjot and nikhil0405 like this.
  6. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    I too echo what @prabhjot and @nibedk stated. As they said your major concern should be the A.S.S. If you are willing to take a chance with that, go for the Avvy. For peace of mind the i20 can be considered assuming that the HASS in your area is reputed. Best of luck.
  7. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear friends thanks for all the help :) mileage is a concern since I have a fuel guzzling swift 1.2 K series.. for this reason I wanted to go for a diesel with decent fuel efficiency. That's why I was requesting the Aventura owners what mileage can one expect in city with a and on highways with a with speeds between 80-100/-
  8. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks i stumbled upon a guy who kept record of his mileage in fiat linea multijet. Now will avventura have better or lower than this mileage given that it has a different tuning.

Linea.png
  9. Rahul Singh

Rahul Singh Amatore

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @oxom : I recently retyrned from a 6000 km trop on my Avvy. The overall average consumption achieved is 16.2 KMPL as per MID with mostly 3 digit speeds on highways. The split of speeds is 70% on 3 digits, 20% on city speeds(40 or less) and 10% in range of 70-90 KMPH. Will be posting a detailed split in my ownership thread soon once i compile the report.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 13, 2015 ---
    To answer your query from my experience after 6 months and 10K on ODO, the best mileage is obtained in the range of 70-90 KMPH. The consumption in this range varies from 21 KMPL to 26 KMPL depending on Fuel quality. I have observed this after filling from different bunks. In Bangalore traffic on a daily run of 20-30 kms, i get an average of 14.5-15 KMPL. The best mileage is observed in 4th gear between 50-60 and in 5th gear between 70-90 KMPH.
    Last edited: May 13, 2015
    prabhjot, oxom, limraj and 1 other person like this.
  10. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear @Rahul Singh bhai... thats an awesome mileage of 21-26 kmpl. Coming to your city mileage of bangalore which i know is very heavy traffic as i had studied my mba in st. joseph's and i know the maddening rush of autos and bikes . Is the city and highway mileage are with AC on.