1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of Fiat Avventuta 93 Hp 209 NM Torque

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by oxom, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @oxom Bondhu I am from Assam and a pure oxomia. Having said that for all the virtues of the car would I have bought a Fiat in Assam - I am not so sure. You have to understand two things - the most important aspect of a happy car ownership is available support from the manufacturer. You must understand that while not all owners might face the hassles that @Rituraj did, you can never be sure. So like an insurance, the support is essential. Once you have the support, you move to the next phase which is deciding which car has the requisites that you want at your budget.
    I know among Europeans VW has a good presence in Assam. Fiat, you have to be very careful in making sure that we have the support and only then buy - else it makes no sense.
    prabhjot and Rituraj like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I think @oxom is more than aware and already gauging the situation; plus we have managed to pursuade him both for and against Fiat in as clear words as possible. Lets cool it and allow him time to find his own solutions (also backups) if any and take a decision. No point on getting sentimental and pointing out things and calling names to each other.

Every opinion be it biased or unbiased is there for everyone too see; so lets also trust the judgement of the person who is going to buy the vehicle. Buying VW or any other brand or vehicle of equal complexity will also not help if service support is bad. How can one be too sure about other vehicle models and brands and total - overall ownership experience. This is a Fiat forum, so I think @oxom will find more plus points and more advocates of the vehicles and the brand which has lesser service issues by the day in most parts of India where sales are more concentrated.

@oxom will check his options around and let us know what he decides and we all of course will respect that decision, so no reason to fuss about anything.
  3. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR

I agree with most of your points, and I appreciate again, the impeccable presentation of facts. They are facts indeed. And not only from you. Some facts are more facts than others, while others, not so...!

I love the car, and my family is EXCEPTIONALLY happy with the car, and that includes my 70 year old mom, who still can't stand a small scratch. After the accident: yes, the car has been restored very well, yes, it took many many days, and many follow ups. It is LIKE new. I never had any reservations in letting my happiness known to the world in form of mileage anecdotes and pix.

Having said this, the service interval is indeed 15k on paper, big deal...but do real enthusiasts wait till 15k? If you say YES, I advise you read more, on this and other forums. The performance starts tapering off beyond 8-9k and the car gets a fresh breath of life after the oil change at 8-9k, being very responsible here. And conservative too: my MJD friends couldn't agree more!

As responsible car owners and FIAT lovers we must not be turning a blind eye to its very apparent deficiencies. Not technically so much, but, in the process that makes the ownership experience a (un)happyone. You, have connections at the right places, and your interaction with ASS are on a different level, where you would be IMMUNE to what ordinary owners go through. My car was restored to near perfection because, I was more technically aware than aam owners, I had a rapport with the GM (still have) and I had lots of time to spare (thanks to my car passionate manager as well) to attend to the car on a daily basis. THIS IS NOT how it should be. This is the SAME with ANY dealer, hence, FIAT is NO different. Bringing in evident references to "dealership aggravations" I guess makes no sense. You were AGGRAVATED with the other dealer HENCE you stuck to DRS. That you had poor experiences with other brands, does not make it any better or worse than FIAT. Certain brands, I agree, not all.

This will be my last post on this topic: my request still remains, @prabhjot, you being a real FIAT lover, not to spoil the child with relentless pampering! :) You have made your point enough, we agree to it, mostly!

My friend from Haldia: enjoy your car, and my request, do some more research on the prices. ATE/galfer oem brake pads, which you will soon change, will set you back by 3900/- and the wiper blades by 1450/- and the rear wiper blade by 785/-. Peace!

Prices: I have closely studied the pattern of price increases. It seemed like a Bait: the initial years, there were flyers distributed highlighting low costs and comparing with major brands: the myth was created. Successfully...alas!
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    prabhjot and JohnyBoy like this.
  4. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks what I can make out of all the discussions is based on user experience. I do agree fiat as a car is not a problem at all but a big question mark comes wrt dealers and after sales service. Also it's not right to compare fiat with maruti as no one can match maruti after sales service.The only brand which can give maruti a run for its money is hyundai.
    Fiat at best can be compared to volkswagen,datsun which are yet to make a mark in india and more so in northeast. But all said and done I feel fiat makes one of the best handling cars which I too felt but the best is its suspension. But here again one thing what i felt is that power is somewhat bit on lower end. Swift diesel polo diesel feels very quick compared to mjd 90hp. I have driven zest diesel too but then again i too felt it was slow. Maybe my driving style is wrong.
    But heart is all for avventura but head says i20!!! Damn why cant i have the best of both worlds.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

It is possible that MSIL have tuned their MJD for better low end grunt, hence the initial responsiveness. Second, you need to take cognizance of weight. Swift is lighter than a Punto. And Polo's engine has higher torque numbers anyway. Thirdly, the gearbox. Fiat gearbox/clutch combination is a bit notchy, and can detract from the exhilaration a bit.
    Between Avventura and I-20, go for the Avventura. It is a no-brainer. Provided you are completely sure about quality of ASC.
    prabhjot, asimpleson and oxom like this.
  6. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Folks one request can this forum be used to help rituraj and folks from northeast by highlighting the problems faced by fiat owners here. It was true that fiat left it's owners high and dry without anywhere the cars could be serviced. If not a showroom atleast a 2 lift service center wouldn't help since revenue generation would be enough for the upkeep given the nos of fiat cars In assam and northeast india..
    its my earnest request that fiat takes that extra step in places where it sold quite a few nos that service center is not closed. folks you will be very surprised datsun has 10% of market share of the cars sold per month in northeast and this was confirmed by their country head. If a brand like dat sun can do well why can't fiat go that extra mile.
    prabhjot, asimpleson and Rituraj like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Without a service centre in a distance of 50Kms is very painful.No doubt FIAT is mother of all in terms of drive and dynamics, at the same time the other brands with/without FIAT heart are also good.You should make your decision based upon service centre location.
    if the service centre is located at 200 Kms , you need to pay the addiotional fuel cost from your pocket.
    The painful will be the first service, without any servicing you have spent few thousands on fuel :) .
    Eventhough if you buy the car and maintian regular service by driving far away, incase if any issues with parts you have to keep quarreling on the warranty etc etc.
    asimpleson and Rituraj like this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    MOD NOTE: thread moved to the car purchase queries section.

PS:
    1. Any direct or indirect attack by members on each other will be closely watched and appropriate action will be taken.
    2. If the intention is to only rant and add no value to the forum, please refrain from posting such stuff as it is useless to the readers and its wastage of internet space.
    3. The OP is asking suggestion on a car that he is interested in. Give inputs only to the relevant aspect and ensure the discussion is not dragged into unwanted directions.

If you see any issues with any of the posts, please report the post to bring it to the mods attention.

Thanks.
    Sujit508 likes this.
  9. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As you hadone mentioned getting 11 kmpl with spirited driving may I know at what speeds and what rpm levels you were changing gears that the mileage dropped drastically..
    The reason why I am concerned about mileage is that I have a swift petrol 1.2 k series (non vvt) which gives low mileage of 16-17 on highways. And in city maybe 10-12 . I like the looks and engine tuning of the car but I don't want to end up with another fuel guzzling car. Many members says mileage should not come in build simply cuz of its build quality. I agree it's best looking beautiful hatchback in present market but I am literally tired with my swift petrol for its poor mileage..
    That's why was seeking help of the members is it true to get mileage of 15-16in city and 19-20 in highway as said by their sales person.
  10. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    16-17 for a first gen swift petrol is very good fe and no way less . the swift I know just gives 15 on highways .. So you know how to extract the Max from your car .. Expect the Max from mjd as well .. A healthy 18-20 real world fe.
    oxom likes this.