1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of Fiat Avventuta 93 Hp 209 NM Torque

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by oxom, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Agreed @prabhjot, but only on Avventura.
    I have recently TD Linea 1. 3 and Fiesta, Verna 1.6. in city, in first & second gears, later two are really quicker than former.

And Linea doesn't suffer from low sales because of price or cost of the ASS. It is the past reputation of Fiat s and marginally lesser FE figures for figure loving country.

Me feels the FE as well as pickup in first & second gears would improve with 1.6 litres Linea. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No doubt, no doubt, however we have to remember the costs of engine localization, homologation, spares inventory, testing, training etc has, IMO, no chance in hell of being recovered by the additional sales that may result.

I suspect the 1.5 mjd will come, but only on the end-2016/2017 Fiat/Jeep b-suv and the concomitant Tata SUV, the concomitant M Suzuki Vitara?, and/or the Reneade/500X (if these last are launched here at all.)

Although IF they were to chance it for the sake of long-term brand recall and value, and import the 1.6mjd for use on the Linea, in the interim, and of course market both the t-jet and it really very strongly albeit expensively.....?

Doubt it, mefeels they're going to focus only on the t-jet evo+Avventura, the Abarth and especially the Avventura in general till 2017. Meanwhile the Jeep launch and preperations for local manufacture of one or two small new Jeeps for (mainly) exports.

If they have the bandwidth, managerially and financially and at the plant, the Ottimo Cross cuv to be launched in China later this year could be brought here ckd next year, with localized t-jets and the localized 1.5 mjd, and other local bits, priced at say 13-15 lakhs?

They MUST move to more CKD, d-segment or thereabouts, 'premium-within-mass' models like the Ottimo Cross, the Viaggio, the 500, the 500X, 500L etc: at least then they'll have radical USPs and the pricing-power to sell on the frontfoot, rather than this discount-centric backfootedness the brand and its dealers are stuck in.

That way the Evo, Avventura and Linea could also benefit, not least from the possibility of the 1.5/1.6 mjd becoming viable in pricing/costing terms for them too?
  3. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Ritu bhai... how did you find mahesh fiat in terms of service? I am from shillong but native is in guwahati so was wondering taking my chances with fiat avventura. What kind of mileage do you get. Also how are the workers in mahesh service center.are they well equipped bhai?
  4. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @oxom

I have never visited Mahesh Fiat. I got the EGR valve collected from them. It was later installed by a trusted local mechanic right at home. :)

I am not sure how to answer your query on mileage. You see, mileage was the least of my worries over the past 2 years or so. I assume any vehicle that comes with an MJD is more than likely to give you good mileage.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @oxom, you better not take any decisions based on anyones assurances on forum. As you can see Rituraj has been disappointed for a long time now, and perhaps again we don't know for sure how things pan out in future over there.

As far as service is concerned, be prepared to go extra lengths and create your own back-up structure, your own trusted mechanics, who have worked on Fiat Puntos and Lineas, should be able to pretty much address most major issues with Avventura too. Start searching for those right away and search hard and ask around other Punto/Linea owners no matter how scarce they are in the region. Besides forum will help solve queries but takes its own time, quick or slow for answers, and solutions presented here could be hit or miss ofcourse.
    Rituraj likes this.
  6. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    When there isn't any dealer/service center around, it doesn't matter what your location is. The point is simple- there is no guarantee Mahesh Motors will still be operational in 2 years time. I say this from first hand experience - Fiat will not even attempt to provide help to its customers when there are no dealers around.
    Do you expect him to confine himself to Guwahati and the vicinity? How does one address unforeseen situations, like breakdowns, hundreds of kms away from that 'safe zone'?
    As most of us are well aware, 99rpm had until recently, stopped stocking Linea/Punto spares. To anyone who is interested, good luck trying to convince local mechanics to attend to a Fiat.
    This is what you had said right in the beginning of this thread. On the Fiat India Sales 2015 thread, the following is what you had to say in response to one of my jibes at Fiat
    Aren't you being self-contradictory here? When the ownership experience of one member turns sour, you conveniently blame him for taking the wrong decision, given his location (or your perception of his location). When another new member is about to make a seemingly similar mistake, you merely egg him on?
    What's your stand?
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    Raj_pol likes this.
  7. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Ritu bhai ... just my personal opinion there is a dealership in dimapur which I think is more than 1-2 years. old.. Now I think since nagaland being such a small state with nil industrialisation and poor gdp but still that dealership is running.. So I'm that respect assam being the largest state in northeast india and also has the best industrialigation and good gdp nos compared to rest of North eastern states. Mahesh hopefully should be able to breakeven by 2-3 years. Assam population has good disposable income and nearby all states are dependent on it. So the market as such looks promising but these are just my projections. @prabhjot whats your take since you have been this side. @Rituraj bhai..what do you feel?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 4, 2015 ---
    @prabhjot bhai... meghalaya has no good mechanics since here the local population khasi are not skilled in such things. Most people if there is a major problem go down to guwahati.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    I have already made my point buddy. You are banking a lot on Mahesh Motors to exist in the short to medium term.

Mahesh Motors is already in trouble, even before commencing operations. There is some controversy over the site where their dealership building is being constructed. They are now searching for an alternate location. As of today, Mahesh Motors is nothing but an ordinary workshop. It was supposed to be up and running by the month of August 2014. My optimism levels are not all that high as far as they are concerned, something that I think applies even to Fiat India, especially their operations in Assam.
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
    prabhjot, oxom and asimpleson like this.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @oxom, going by both the views of @prabhjot and @Rituraj's as pretty much relevant facts. There is just one question you need to ask yourself. What is your outlook towards cars. Most European cars have some level of complexities diagnosing and getting fixed right away. In cities that is not much of a problem. If you are planning to use it for good no. of daily km runs just go ahead with your purchase and make sure you do not allow wrongful fiddling or trial error type of problem fixing. Actually most possible small and big issues are discussed at length on this forum. So might I say you could have a great advantage of 'no ullu banaving' by mechanics and yourself can take all the preventive care of the car to prevent any kind of break-downs of these trustworthy long-haul MJDs.
    prabhjot and oxom like this.
  10. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    @prabhjot at times, I have a definite feeling you are "zabardasti" trying to put forward a point, which is a mere perception among FIAT fans, in 2015. It's like a state of denial. When you mention costs and durability aspects, very deep inside, we know it is not so true anymore. Prices of ALL spares have been jacked up by as much as 200%, service costs are NOT cheap, at times, more than the brands you jeer at (sometimes at the expense of being irrelevant) and durability is just a function of how one uses or abuses a car. Just a few facts:

1) Punto brake pads: last 20K approx., competitors, more or less same
    2) Maintenance schedule : 15K on paper, most would change at 10k...same as MANY other brands, Indian or non Indian
    3) Windshield wipers: the MOST expensive in the segment with NO aftermarket.
    4) Low and mid variant tyres from factory : Jk tornadoes: pretty much same in many other cars in same segment

I mean we cannot keep advocating for the brand or the car, just for the sake of it. It is good, in a few respects, yes, but leaving aside the select few who understand the value of these features, you cannot say I am offering you the icing on the cake and the desert (read a few amazing features, which are basic features in my own country in EU), but no daal-chawal (basic needs of the owner post sales). Or, because we offered you some world class features, be content and figure out how to take care on your own, like Jaitley's timeless statement after this budget "Middle class can take care of their own..."

Sorry, it doesn't work like that even with Ambani or Birla for that matter!

Ok a last rant, what do you call this: boot struts, were earlier having 1 sales code with 2 struts in the packing. Priced at 769/- for the pair. It has been split into 2 sales code, and each priced at 871/- now. Which recession have we gone trough, which commands this price rise? Let us enjoy the car as is, but not try to make true the mythical low cost of ownership or spares etc etc. Its not. I have data for at least 6 manufacturers, and FIAT parts are not cheaper.
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Calvinv, JohnyBoy, PradeepM and 3 others like this.