1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of Fiat Avventuta 93 Hp 209 NM Torque

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by oxom, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Wow! Never knew that you were so intimately familiar with these places. You seem to be a much travelled man.

As mentioned in my previous post, it is your decision after all. With the new dealership being operational, you wouldn't face any issues in Guwahati and the vicinity. But as you travel farther from that 'safe zone', you need to remember that there is no help available to attend to unforeseen scenarios such as breakdowns. The guys at Mahesh Motors are making all the right noises but so did the ones at the erstwhile Green Valley Fiat. I sincerely hope Mahesh Motors fares better, but banking on just a single FASS is a risky proposition. Assam is not a small state by any means and there is a huge question mark over another authorised service point being made operational. You can do far worse than take the opinion of other Fiat owners you know. Many here had purchased Fiat vehicles from the wide network of Tata-Fiat dealers, but now have their fingers burnt. Fiat isn't known for standing by their customers when the going gets tough.

A tagline from an advertisement comes to the mind- "choose wisely, live well". Can't recollect whose it was though.

Good luck :)
    Vidhyashankar Kannan likes this.
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    The Avventura is truly built for places such as the North East but mere purchase is not sufficient without a trusted service network. The Tata Zest is quite a nice product with decent handling and great trims. It is only in the looks segment where its a hit or miss. But loads of seating space inside and Tata have tuned that MJD to near perfection, even better than Fiat.

I think you should look at this a little more objectively. This is a matter of buying something satisfying for the next 5 years or more. If the 10000 sways you into buying something which you really did not want, then you might regret it for years to come not knowing what true ownership satisfaction is. So you can always ask for your refund back. If Hyundai says no, ask him to get lost, write about it in some blogs or posts and move on to what you really want. I full well understand that 10K is not a small sum of money. But against a total outflow of 9 lakhs+, it could be seen as a small sacrifice for what you really want.
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Well, well, well, AFA FE is concerned, I have not yet measured it
    Reason ; You fall in love with a earning,beautiful gorgeous girl, and she also falls in love with you. She takes care of all your requirements,you see her daily multiple times, enjoy her company irrespective of clock and calender. Day by day the love increases to such an extent that smallest or hugest stress you come across, you go and you hug her and she doesn't disappoint you either. She makes her presence pleasant for your kids, parents and wife too!! !
    Now tell me, are you going to get time or going to show intrest in knowing her own bank transactions ???

Same is situation here. I drive my Avventura @120to 150 kmph on Eway almost fortnightly.
    I drive her on other roads with a purpose of overtaking other vehicles on the roads.
    In cities, I overtake other cars on the speed breakers, potholes where they slowdown.
    Whenever there is a quarrel with my wife for any reason, I just come down in the parking, sit inside and switch on the music with high bass and go for a highway drive of 15 to 20 kms, and come back to surprise of my wife with a wide grin on my face (I will not mention, what happens next), whenever my kids are not sleeping in time in the night, I just take them for a slow drive in city showing off the car and the bass to the city mates on night walk.

Now, tell me what's the use of measuring the FE? As I know, for my vallet, it's gonna be unpleasant figure to know , I never thought of measuring FE as it is likely that it might rob off my enthusiastic driver inside me .

AFA, Elite & Avventura comparison is concerned, I have driven both back to back for a distance of 15km which includes all kinds of roads.
    Elite suspension is average and rather unpleasant especially for rear passengers while Avventura's biggest advantages against Elite is suspension & GC, steering feel & feedback, driving pleasure and I think NE roads needs a car with both of them.
    Elite has got only one advantage against Avventura and that is low end torque, @1200 to 1500RPM, it shoots like a bullet this is really helpful in busy traffic city like Pune but after that Avventura wins. And for me low end torque of Avventura is more than enough.
    To me, comparable models of Elite was costing 8.5L and Avventura for 9. 5L with lesser gizmos than Elite, still I went for Avventura.

One of my friend, had booked a ES @25000 booking amount, but he cancelled it @the loss of complete booking amount after TD of Avventura . I have posted the pic of his Bronzo Tan Avventura on this forum earlier.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @oxom

If you're going to be mainly on the Guwahati-Shillong route and with Mahesh Motors at one end and what I am sure is one or five good independent workshops in Shillong: a risk on Fiat that is quite takeable. Else a Bolt/Zest?

@Rituraj

Yup, been to Shillong a few times over the years, and will again, for the music etc: the sophistication of the car and bike modification scene there is impressive. It is a singular town, that's for sure. What's true of say Jorhat/Guwahati is different indeed to what's true of Shillong?
    oxom likes this.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Are the members here anticipating on road breakdown or they know that whoever is providing FASS in the OP's state has bad track record.?

I have owned two TATA cars recently and driven them for a Lakh km each approx. from 2007 to 2013 And with experience, I can not rate the TASS better than FASS.
    I have experience of FASS for my UNO in 2002,to 2004, in those days FASS quality was at it's nadir.
    asimpleson, prabhjot and oxom like this.
  6. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Avventura is giving me a healthy average of 18 kms on a mixed cycle of 70 % city 30% highway. Recently I went to vizag and maintained a steady speed of 70 kmph an the avvey returned an average of 20.7. All figures are with the A/C running.
    prabhjot and oxom like this.
  7. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear friend i dont have much idea about fass in assam since i had never owned a fiat car before but as per rituraj who had a bitter experience fass is very poor. But now given that a new dealership has been set up it maybe wrong to pre empt their service. With 5 years warranty and as members have stated mileage hovering around 19-20kmpl on highways with ac..its fantastic!! I do agree i20 is very quick but we are not here to race and if somebody wants a real fast car then i would say pick up the polo gt tdi. Its a monster with brutal torque. What i can observe is that avventura though its a very heavy car it gives decent mileage together with ftd factor! I couldnt ask for anything more.
    mahesh motors here are providing me 30k insurance and additional 10k discount. I am trying to extract a little more as I am shifting from I20 to them and to which they have said they would work out something for me. Price here is 8.40 for dynamic model and I forgot I have bargained for another 30k and so in total 70k discount. Given the above facts my on road cost would be 8.40 lacsif I do registration in assam and if I do in meghalaya it would be rs 8.20 lacs. So I gez it value for money:)
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2015 ---
    Dear prabhjot you have been to shillong. I guess you must have love the place and the roads which are a hoot to drive and now the express way is nearly complete. It takes just 1.30mins hrs from ghy to shg and that too on hilly roads such has the roads been built.. Do drop in a message when you come over this side.guys thanks for all the help you have provided me.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @oxom

Yeah, you know, it was such handling fun on the Mehalaya state tourism Tata Winger (a Renault chassis+suspension design), even as a front-seat passener on that highway, really FAST, given the hilly terrain.

The deal sounds rather good.

all the best with the Avventura, hope you and your dad don't need too much luck!
    oxom likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    8.20 or 8.40 L is a drooling price, Here I see it VFM over i20 Elite apart from factors mentioned in my earlier post.

And when. Elite Active comes Avventura is going to have an upper edge in steering & handling experience . Don't know why the heck people boast about the the steering which rotates with single finger?
    And AFA suspension is concerned I dare to compare Avventura suspension with that of Safari Storme(17 L SUV.) I have tested Storme 's suspension extensively and It is best suspension found on SUVs on the south side of 25 L.
    oxom, asimpleson and prabhjot like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @oxom definitely update us sooner about your decision.

If I may say so, FE for Fiats is a slight compromise to be had for the superior built it has and the wonderful chassis and handling it offers alongwith a great everyday commuting vehicle capable of pretty bad roads and some mild off-roading out of the box, which the avventura has to offer. Its an all-rounder city and highway vehicle still managing to offer same/similar FE compared to Puntos which has also been already adequately discussed on various threads. These are practical vehicles and mjds are built to be great mile munchers with fantastic track record and fame for a small diesel engine with just the right amount of displacement. More what is needed and bit where wanted. Fiat has tuned their vehicles for the highways and while others have tuned the same engines a bit better for cities, mjds on Fiats are more fun on the highways, also due to the great chassis and steering system. The price you quote sounds good too. Nice HVKs these Fiats... highway kings.. ;)
    prabhjot and oxom like this.