1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mileage of Fiat Avventuta 93 Hp 209 NM Torque

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by oxom, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Avventura Owners are busy driving/exploring. enjoying their ride :smuggrin:.
    Iyu, punto_emotion and oxom like this.
  2. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @oxom isn't input from Linea and Punto 90 HP owners enough to justify a case for buying a Fiat car? All 3 use the same 90 HP 1.3 L MJD engine. Each has been tuned in such a way that real world figures will be more or less the same. Expect figures around 16-18 with your usage. Ghats +highways..I don't think a swift or a i20 will give anything more than 1 km per litre when compared to Fiats. At 48 for diesel you shouldn't be bothered as in other parts of the country diesel will still be at a higher price. You are going to save substantial moolah there as well. And one advice from a Fiat owner. Fiat ownership is all about ride quality, superb braking , brilliant dynamics, superior build quality, high speed stability , multiple award winning MJD engine and the design by none other than the designer of the century. Do you need anymore reasons to own one. Don't dilute your ownership experience with mileage numbers mate. Go follow your heart and get the Avvy. I am not going back to Maruti or Hyundai or Honda or Toyota again. I am sure you won't once you own a Fiat. Check out on dealership and FASS in Assam though. There were some issues. Check out @Rituraj threads or PM him.he may be of help as far as maintaining Fiats in eastern part is concerned.
    oxom likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @oxom

I don't have an Avventura, but a Punto 75 hp. Remember it has the same platform and engine as both the Punto Evo 90 hp and the Linea. The latter is heavier, of course.

I've been on the Guwahati-Shillong highway, lots of good expansion etc work has been done, it may be nearing 'completion'? I'd say at least 17 to 20 km/l is a GIVEN, if driven say at around 70 to 90/100 kph. Possibly sometimes much more, depending on speed, road conditions in the rains, and of course keeping it in the correct rpm/gear range.

As I said, the overall 'package' of safety-efficiency-power-ride/handling etc is perfect, only more so for driving on that brilliant, superbly scenic, and superfun yet ok-safe/good road/highway between Guwahati and Shillong.

cheers
    Turbothinghy, ayushman and oxom like this.
  4. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear folks i am really thankful to the forum members for guiding on the fiat vehicles and your inputs have been very very helpful. I had in mind that if i get 15-16 kmpl in city and on highways 19-20 kmpl as claimed by the salesperson in fiat guwahati then it would be double fun and that is why i wanted to confirm with the avventura owners as they had claimed that it has a different tuning to enhance the torque delivery.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 22, 2015 ---
    Dear avventura owners i am tagging you for your insightful information as you own this beautiful hatchback. Can you plz tell me if the mileage claimed by the salesperson is it true and is there anything that i need to work about niggling issues if any with the new car. Dear @Tornado @Vidhyashankar Kannan @Rahul Singh @Achyut Sharma @sunil216 @srinivaschandalada @hi_hitendrapatil your views would be extremely valuable just as the other helful members of the forum has provided :)
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  5. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @oxom the mileage you are expecting is surely possible and when its confirmed by prabhjot just close your eyes and go for Aavy.
    The fact that you have not got any confirmation from Aavy owners is b'cos mileage would be the last item in their list and I am sure some of them as true teamfiatians, may be testing it to help you.
    Just take Aavy home bro, you will never regret it.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @oxom : Thank you for tagging me. With the workload these days, I hardly get time to trawl the forum though I would like to.

Coming to the point now, my FE in the city with AC on and 5 people is 14.2 km/lt. On the highway with 4 adults and 4 children (combined payload of 333 kilos), at a speed of 90 km/hour, the FE is 19.8 km/lt. I did not expect this at all. I really don't care about the mileage as the change in cost from petrol to diesel is huge. Rs. 1000 goes a long way with diesel. So we are all more than happy with these mileage figures.

I too drove the Avventura and then the i20. The comparison in handling was like that of a leech to a boat. If you like the trims, bluetooth, vanity mirror, big butt lamps and mostly are doing city drives, the i20 is a nice car (don't bash me). But if you like driving because of driving, and if you plan to do even one ghat section and long distance driving, the Fiat experience is what you need.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your decision.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2015 ---
    I just read the whole thread and found I missed a point. If your dad is going to do long drives mostly, then the Punto diesel is definitely worth looking at, that too at a lakh or more less than the Avvy. The increased GC of the Avventura helps on bad roads but the Punto has a little lesser weight and so should give you marginally better mileage. Handling wise, all are the same.

If your father has to take baggage everytime then the Linea is for you. Perfect 5 seater, a real highway stormer and oodles of boot space. I think you can skip the mileage issue as they are all damn good. Just decide which one you want and take it. The Punto 90 HP at about 8.3 lakhs on road is too good. A superb car at that price. But if the Avventura tugs your heart, then by all means.
    Murphy_Fiat, oxom, limraj and 3 others like this.
  7. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @oxom

My post is going to be unpopular. However, if I were in your shoes, I would keep as much distance between myself and a Fiat showroom as possible. That doesn't mean there is something inherently wrong with the vehicle(s). What is actually wrong is Fiat's attitude towards this part of the country and its subsequent effects on its operations and on current owners here. Yes, you are shortly going to have a dealership in Guwahati itself, but the bigger concern is whether it will be able to sustain itself in the short/medium term. The erstwhile Green Valley Fiat closed down within months of starting operations due non-existent sales. Before going ahead with the purchase, it would only be wise to wait and watch for a bit. Myself and many other Fiat owners like me had gone through hell trying to maintain our cars in the absence of an authorised service center here in Assam. Without a dealer, it seems Fiat is incompetent in extending any help towards customer grievances.

I hope such a situation doesn't arise again and you are able to buy your Avventura and enjoy a trouble-free ownership experience. At the end of the day, it is your decision but from a purely personal perspective, mileage should be the least of your worries right now.
    oxom and Vidhyashankar Kannan like this.
  8. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I did not know that Fiat's presence in the North East was this bad. I have to agree with @Rituraj if indeed there is no service centre within 150 kms of your residence. As much as Fiats are trouble free, should any problem arise, it should not be such a pain to get the car repaired. The other option is of course third party agenices who service all brands but then again, as Fiat is not like Maruti where parts are available in the open market, it would be difficult to source parts when required.

Of course, the quantum of risk that you are willing to take versus waiting for an authorised service centre is upto you. But if I were you and if there were no service centres around, I would grudgingly look for the next best option, say Ford or even Mahindra.

Good luck on your decision. Please keep us posted on how things turn out.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Guwahati and especially Shillong are not Jorhat, etc. Shillong has a deep, knowledgeable and cultivated car/bike-modiying, maintenance and repair culture and infrastructure. It may not be as great a risk in Guwahati and esp Shillong as it would be/is say in Jorhat etc.

@oxom and his dad should judge these/such matters on the ground, as it were, rather than on/via the net/fora/facebook. Things are very variable in the NE, much more so than in say the gigantic Delhi ncr region, or say Chennai-Coimbatore etc. What does not at all work in Jorhat or Dimapur may be fine in Shillong/Guwahati? I don't know: just saying. But an elevated risk for relative long term maintenance ease o Fiats is certainly there, no doubt.

Of course any sort of risk is worth taking at all (potentially, in principle) only with good reason. The question is whether the Avventura is such a good reason. I believe it totally is: it is ideal for precisely such terrain, such roads and such urban environs, esp Shillong: hilly, rainy, narrow, twisting and potentially 'dangerous' roads etc.

Perhaps, a Tata Zest or Bolt with the very same mjd engine merits special attention as the obvious, and obviously well-built, good handling etc, alternative?
    asimpleson, ayushman and oxom like this.
  10. oxom

oxom Novizio

Guwahati
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @prabhjot what you said are very rightly described given the varied conditions that we have in Asom and Shillong. The roads of Shillong and twisty, with very steep inclines and without half clutch would be a nightmare to drive in. Also then again in asom the roads as are just as in any other part of india straight roads. Coming to the point of dealership and as far as my knowledge goes earlier in guwahati/asom there was tie up with abhishek motors(tata) and later green valley started its own dealership but in the month of august 2014 it closed its showroom as that showroom was used for their upcoming AUDI showroom. However there was another dealership which was under cosntruction by the name of Mahesh Motors which got opened only in April 2015. But during that period (August to December) before mahesh motors has opened their showroom they first opened their servicing center in the month of December 2014 or jaunary 2015. So in total the fiat owners were left to fend for themselves for approximately 4-5 months. The nearest showroom is around 250 kms away from guwahati in another state nagaland. However jorhat is around 320 kms from guwahati and shillong is 100 kms and takes 1.30 mins whereas jorhat to guwahati takes anything between 4.30- 6 hours depending on driving and traffic conditions.
    @Vidhyashankar Kannan thats an awesome mileage that you are achieving given the load that you carried. @Rituraj bhai i can understand the trouble that you had faced given the conditions as shared by you.
    Now coming to facts in car market in guwahati in terms of numbers sold.I am excluding maruti & hyundai as fiat doesn't hold a chance againts the likes of them. So i will compare fiat with VW, Renault, Nissan. VW has only one showroom in entire northeast and sells just about 45-50 cars per month, renault sells around 50-55 cars per month and nissan sells around 35-40 cars a month. So given the above facts i presume if fiat sells 30 cars a month it should be fine as nissan with its current sale has been operating for quite some time. Maruti has around 5-6 dealerships and sells around 200-300 cars per month per dealer.
    Now my next worry is that i had ordered i20 elite sports crdi in the month of march 2015 and now the dealer is telling me its in transit but while booking he had said it would be deivered within a month so in that regards i should get the car by april 2015. But its highly unlikely and i had paid Rs 10,000/- as booking advance but now i am worried if hyundai will refund my 10,000/- if i cancel my booking : After taking the test drive of avventura i am totally bowled by its handling, refinement and superb looks. I may even go on to say that its refinement as good as i20 crdi though on power delivery it maybe less but it doesn't matter given its matured abillties.
    asimpleson and prabhjot like this.