1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Micromax & Blue and Me

Discussion in 'Blue and Me' started by paritosh, Oct 6, 2010.

1. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Hi,
    After a long search for decent dual tech phone, i managed to hold of a micromax (cdma+gsm) phone.

When paired with Blue and me , it got paired immediately. However, it went into a continuous reboot there after.

Any ideas how i may resolve this? Any point in upgrading the Blue and Me software?

It works like a charm on my Sony P1i.

I am hopeful it can work with Micromax as atleast the pairing was successful.

I hate to go back to carrying two phones :A

Rgds
    paritosh
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think the problem lies with the phone software.

Where do these phone manufacturers like Micromax, Lemon, Spice etc source the phone softwares from ? Given the cheap prices of these phones : I don't expect these softwares to be very sophisticated !!
  3. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    I would also believe the phone to be a problem.

Having said that the phone really does the job and would hate to change it for the bluetooth pairing issue.

Also i don't think it is that sophisticated software anymore to connect to a bluetooth headset (a2dp) which the phone does support.
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Paritosh,

I am currently using Micromax Q5 dual sim mobile. It paired perfectly with my B&M. Only hitch I had was that my Media player went into "loop" mode after the pairing. I think that is probably a trait of B&M and not the problem with the phone.

@Amogh, I fully agree with you that the phone software is really bad. Have'nt used such "user unfriendly" software ever. But then it has dual sim capability and a reasonably decent QWERTY keyboard - meets my basic requirements.

Johnny
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey ive tried the Micromax Q7 it worked fine... Similar to the nokia pairing.. The message reader doesnt work though but others were fine.. I didnt syc the contacts though but was able to work with the fone with the B&M
  6. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Johny and Andy,
    Thanks for that info. so the Q series does work.
    I have got a GC400 dual sim (cdma and gsm). There doesnt seem to be a way to easy upgrade the software on the phone. I ll re try pairing . May be i need to pull out the USB stick connected to media player.

Any other troubleshooting i can attempt?

I havent upgraded the B&M so far.

Thanks
  7. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I Recently bought the Motorola Dual SIM Ex 115 and it doesnt pair with the BT on my HU . I dont have the Blue and Me since I have a active model . But this phone doesnt pair with my Blaupunkt HU too :(
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gautam: this is something weird.. Cos most of the moto phones are compatible with Blaupunkt BT systems...