1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Micromax A116

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 20, 2013.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Good service is good news. A116 resolution is 1280x720 and S5 is 954x540. Obviously A116 is better, but then S5 is cheaper 2K :D .
  2. A116 is cheaper by Rs 500 now.I am surprised by the battery usage, i am almost getting close to two days on single charge.
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have a A90s which takes lot of time searching for satellites. Navigation is very slow and most of the time I do not get the required result. How is A116 in this regard.

Kiran
  4. GPS is pretty quick, good part is my NEO -L used to get the scree locked if i receive a call on B&M ( as my company has strict policy about passwords for email on mobile) but JB on A116 doesn't have that issue. imagine having to type a 8 chaterter password when screen locks up while driving(some places we can't stop the car).

I am yet to find a -ve aspect about the phone. Music sounds so good , it has tons of options to make it sound better.Today i turned off Bluapunkt and drove while listening to music from A116!!
    There is shop in SP road Bangalore they are selling this phone for 14200/-, I will post the name of the shop and contact later.
  5. GPS started taking lot of time.Since is is a A-GPS would work some how. I downloaded GPS FIX and GPS status apps,after running fix under open sky, problem is fixed.

Now GPS locks to the satellite much quicker than dedicated GPS devices!!

@Kiranh, Please try this on A90.
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks Sat-chit-ananda.

How much time does it take to fix after we start the app.

Kiran.
  7. Hold it for about 3-5 minutes app's start fixing button grays out.
  8. One of colleague got Titanium S5,it looks better than Micromax A116.
    1 person likes this.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sat-chit-ananda,

Tried doing that, but takes ages.. :(

kiran
    Last edited: May 29, 2013
  10. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    GPS was a problem with all Canvas devices. Pls check the xda developers for the fix. It works well.