1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Micromax A116

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 20, 2013.

1. I had given the Neo the day I got MM A116.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Current update is MM has accepted the phone and my dealer was supposed to update me but it did not happen , So going call him tomorrow.
  2. Update , i just called the dealer, he said Micromax has accepted the problem with the phone but they will not replace it but repair it.I need to wait for 3 more days for it.
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I remember being online when the Canvas HD was launched and due to a ridiculously small stock or whatever it showed sold out in 10 or so minutes.

My first chinese phone has been Lava Iris 501 and i must say its total bang for the buck phone. Got it for 8900 in Feb. Only has ICS with no possibility of a JB upgrade but im not complaining. Because the only app i use the most is Whatsapp :p. When time comes to change, would definitely get another China phone without hesitation.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I use the Micromax Canvas HD (A116) and I am mighty pleased with the performance of the phone. I was probably one of the first few lucky guys to get it.

Apart from the portrait / landscape rotation error that crops up sometimes : I have faced no issues with the phone, touchwood.

Amogh
    1 person likes this.
  5. I will be getting my phone back on Saturday, I must say I was impressed with every thing except the voice but as per dealer it may be defect or calibration issue.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat,

Do update about what exactly they do to your phone when they say "Repair".
  7. I got call from the Dealer saying Micromax will be replacing the phone:) Normally most of these phones have service mode which can be used to calibrate the sensors/mic.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    For me it was supposed to be a toss between Micromax Canvas HD and Karbonn Titanium S5. Rather than buying online, I was looking to exchange samsung ace. Availability of S5 is a real ditch and A116 was available for 14K. On exchange, I paid 9K and got Canvas HD yesterday. First impression is the awesome screen with 1280x720 resolution. Device is fast, although the stock jelly bean has slight lag. Just finished rooting it and going to install JellyHD ROM.
  9. Even I got my replacement phone 5 stars to Micromax for the customer service, This phone doesn't have any issue with internal microphone. I checked Titanium S5 with A116 found A116's screen resolution to be far better then the former.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Good :)
    Now enjoy the unboxing once again, setting up once again and showing new phone once gain :)