1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Micromax A116

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Source Micromax A116 Canvas HD negative reviews, problems and disadvantages

Micromax A116 canvas HD specifications are already out. It would have some problems, negative reviews and disadvantages e. To know complete problems and negative reviews associated with Micromax A116, read the article given below.

Micromax A116 will be available for preorder and booking very soon. If we follow the official status of Facebook page then it will be available from Valentine Day i.e. 14[SUP]th[/SUP] Feb 2013.

No doubt, it is white wash phone in comparison to quad core smart phones in India. It comes with powerful technical specifications. The price of the smart phone is reasonable and it is avail at price of Rs 14,999.

I am sure that Micromax A116 online booking and pre-order will definitely reach a milestone. For the first time, gadget lovers are neglecting Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos and going closer to Micromax A116.

One branded phone from Micromax did the task. The best feature, which impressed buyers, is quad core processor. There are many other specifications too. You can know Micromax A116 canvas HD complete specifications from here.

I am also lover of Micromax A116 Canvas HD smart phone and waiting eagerly for its launch in India. It is expected that Micromax website will be down tomorrow, because online booking and preorder will come in large numbers. To know preorder details- check- Micromax A116 online preorder.

In my previous posts, I have compared Micromax A116 vs Micromax A110. So, you must check comparison between both phones. The comparison is as follows-

Must check- Compare Micromax A116 vs Micromax A110

Specifications are so impressive that no one has noticed few disadvantages, problems, negative reviews and SAR values. I am putting light on negative reviews of Micromax A116 smart phone.

1. Starting with SAR value, SAR value must be lesser than 1.5 and I think Micromax A116 would have more value this time as well. I am not sure regarding the exact SAR value by Micromax A116. Most of you do not know the means of SAR value, actually, It is a means to know radiation level by a smart phone.

With the launch of every Micromax smart phone, SAR value are continuously coming down. If we compare Micromax with Nokia and Samsung then it has high SAR value but Micromax is working hard to reduce the SAR value of its smart phones.

2. It has No display protection and screen guard is highly recommended by the experts.

3. We have seen the launching of new smart phones, some of them are coming with high inbuilt storage so that more data can be stored in the smart phone but Micromax A116 still comes with 4 GB of inbuilt memory.

4. I have seen in forums that they are complaining about the Micromax A110 Canvas 2 camera. Instead of having 8 MP rear facing with LED flash, it will not produce high quality photos. Using Micromax Camera, you can take nice photos but you cannot expect HD photo quality from Micromax cameras.

5. The front facing camera resolution is also disappointing. Some also complained about poor battery backup of Micromax A110 canvas 2. So, Micromax A116 battery is almost same like Micromax A110. So, I expect same battery backup problem may exist in Canvas HD.

6. Moreover, some experts recommended poor ear phone quality. The customer support service by Micromax is also not good. So, you must check how to file online Micromax Complaint in India.

You can easily buy Micromax A116 HD canvas accessories online in India. In order to protect yourself, you can buy sarshield available in market. I hope that above information about Micromax A116 would help buyers to know more the smart phone.

I brought this phone three days back everything looks good but one issue a serious one,Internal microphone seems to be less sensitive hence my voice is not heard properly by other end.
    I have given the phone back to dealer and dealer has promised a replacement.My first experiment of buying a indian phone did not go well.

2 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Karbonn A18 is awesome,total VFM.Now switching to Karbonn S5 Titanium(similar to Micromax Canvas).i was also concerned about Micromax canvas but after using Karbonn A18 got trust on this brand.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Sat,
    what made you to zero in on this one other than quad core? A detailed review of your impressions please :)
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Bigger problem then given specification and camera results is there life and long term service and support, not to talk about product quality. Unlike big brands which support there products for ages proving service and spares, companies like micromax and other chinese brand importers have a very short self life and thus the parts cost and availability becomes a bigger issue.

Having said that, for a budget counsious it could be a good phone, cannot say same from VFM point of view as ownership cost has to be seen.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Like Ganges, I too use Karbonn A18. While I agree with Viny's assertion of short shelf life of these products, their cost doesn't cause a heart burn when you feel like changing the device in today's fast tech changing scenario.

I too am contemplating between a Karbonn A111 and TitaniumS5. Valuation is still on.
  6. One of my colleague has brought this phone, and i normally get to chat with this guy in during lunch. i was impressed by it's screen,touch and speed.
    Again jelly bean is joy to use when switching over from ICS 4.0,Over all it does most of the stuff better then expected albeit the low voice issue which i found it in hard way.

Let me see if the Micromax gives some solution to my problem or I will switch over to some other budget brand.

I have always brought phones in the range of 10k to 14k max, I used use a HTC wildfire which was very slow and switched over to a Sony Xperia Neo L after making myself lighter by 17600/- but the phone is too slow, none of the updates really helped. My wife has a Xperia S which is quite good. But did not go for it due to Sony not releasing the updates like JB yet.

I have decided to try the Indian phones route to minimize the losses!!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Before you dump the Neo, i would suggest you trying few ROM's like Cyanogenmod 10.xx
    XdaDevelopers has a dedicated section for same.

Just to let you know, i have a Xperia x10 mini which came with Android 1.6 (600mhz/192MB space), last update from sony was Andorid 2.0 that after lots of hue and cry and which worked lazy, but as of now i have 4.1.x Android on same 600mhz phone with all functions working and its not slow at all by anymeans for day to day usage.

Enjoy the world of rooting and custom ROM's :)
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

I'm actually looking at these so called tablet mobiles for a car media system.
    I already have a 10" tab but that's too huge to fit anywhere in the car and looks ugly.
    Im seriously considering these sub 7" devices as a screen.

- - - Merged Post - - -

My HTC desire S is running CM 7.1 and its amazing.
    I've not got it up to 10 because there is no stable release yet and this is the only phone I have!!
    Soon i will go with CM10 if there is a stable release
  9. macky

macky Amatore

In the price range check out the Lenovo P770 mobile specs, it has a marathon battery, along with other features!!
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    UPDATE :

Screen Shot 2013-04-22 at 3.11.32 PM.png

SOURCE : Sony reveals Xperia Jelly Bean update now in very final stage - GSMArena.com news
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013