1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Michelin Primacy 3st Very bad experience

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vivek_lko, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    I have similar experience regarding Yokohama A drive. Driver side tyre suffered sidewall puncture as I hit a curb inside office premises. Went to the dealer. I was asked to purchase a new tyre which I did - Michelin 3ST. I did not get any replacement for old tyre or any cash discount. Tyre cost is Rs. 5900 and tyre manufacturing date is 2914.
    Dealer name is Tyre Junction near Vallabhnagar Pimpri. Some points that I got to know from him
    1. Nobody offers full warranty except Ceat. It seems that Ceat offers replacement even in case of sidewall puncture. I am not sure of this info and I did not inquire further
    2. Sidewall puncture can be repaired but using that tyre is a big risk
    3. Driving on flat tyre is absolute no-no

Warranty terms for Ceat unconditional warranty -

• The PCR tyres under this offer will be replaced for non-manufacturing defects on pro-rata basis within a period of 2 years from the date of manufacture or up to 50% wear whichever is earlier.
    • Non-manufacturing defects covered, which make the tyre unserviceable, are: Run flat, Concussion, Rim digging, Scoring, Non-repairable through cuts