1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Michelin Primacy 3st Very bad experience

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vivek_lko, Sep 14, 2015.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    You should raise the concern to the dealer, they should give a replacement / give a new tyre with atleast 50% discount.
    Even then it will be a loss of 3k for you.

The tyre would have damaged because of not using for 1 year, please check the manufacturing date before buying and better stay away from online purchases also.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    1. 4014 implies the week of Sep 29 - Oct 5, 2014 which means tyre was roughly 11 months old at the time of purchase. I dont think this tenure is so long that it will make the rubber hard unless tyre is stored in harsh conditions. In most of the tyre shops we find tyres which are manufactured 6 months - 1 yr back so this is pretty common.

2. The tyre has taken a bad bruise just above the cut. The top half of the word 'Primacy' has got got erased due to the bruise which makes me to suspect this has happened due to some impact which somehow you have missed to notice.
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Aseem I had got it from Mark Premji :).
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You mean Tyreplus from Thane. They are the authorized dealer for Michelin. These days I am reading quite a lot of horror stories for that shop.
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    So, according to you what is the tenure so as to call it long?
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I wouldn't buy if the tyre is more than one year old.

As I said, it is pretty common to get tyres ranging between 6 months to one year old in tyre shops.
  7. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @shams that is because they were driven for some time on almost flat condition . But the cut below is a plane cut with no bruises. These tyres were on rear and am surprised i could not notice any significant change in the driving conditions that i could stop and take notice . There might have been some sounds but were masked in the music of the car radio. Its only in the morning that when I drove the car for some distance say around 5 kms i noticed a strange sound from behind (as the radio was off) . I stopped the car and found that the tyre was flat. So the bruise is because the tyres were driven flat.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2015 ---
    @rejin
    Below is from Michelin warranty on there website :

a. Tyres sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date: Where the tyres are sold within 3 years of the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 3 years from the date of purchase, whichever comes first.

b. Tyres sold 3 years after the manufacturing date: Where the tyres are sold 3 years after the manufacturing date, the warranty shall be for the life of the original usable tread pattern or 6 years from the date of manufacture, whichever comes first

SO that means 1 year tyre should be fine, I guess. What do you think ?
  8. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @vivek_lko . Hi Vivek, i am not clear on what you are pointing to. AFAIK , side wall cut will not be covered under any warranty
  9. rider16

rider16 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    dear vivek, Its your bad luck mate. Some thing pointy has poked through the side wall. And I suspect the side wall is well brushed because you drove it on flat tyre?

Its not a manufacturing defect as far as I can make it out.
  10. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

KA51
    GA01
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A lot can happen in driving 5kms on a flat tyre. i would agree with some of the others, it wouldn't be fair to blame the tyre in your case. Its just hard luck. As you mentioned, it's possible the dealer didnt install the tyre properly.