1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Michelin Primacy 3st Very bad experience

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by vivek_lko, Sep 14, 2015.

1. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Hi All,
    Just to share my experience so that other also be very careful and always inspect the tyres thoroughly even if they appear new in one glance and are from authorized dealers.

On 12Sept2015, I bought set of 4 tyres for my FIAT Punto (Primacy 3ST - 195/60 R15) from G.S CAR STUDIOS , Pitampura-which is a certified dealer for Michelin. I live in Greater Noida .

However the reason I choose this dealer (almost 60Kms from my place) was he was the cheapest among the few certified dealers I inquired in NCR and my previous experience (when he was in Wazirpur as TyrePlus) was good or probably it "appeared" good.
    Anyways as I realized it was history.

The very next day morning(13Sept2015) , I noticed that one Rear tyre was flat . I called up GS car studios and explained them the situation . Since GS car studious is quiet far (UpDown is 120Kms) from my place of residence ; they suggested to show it to a nearby Michelin dealer and also mentioned that such type of stuff is not covered in warranty.

I showed it to Sunny Motors , Sector 63 , Noida . The technicians checked the tyre and suggested that the only way to use it was with a tube or else its risky since there was a cut in the sidewall from where the air was leaking . Firstly I am surprised how can a new tyre develop a leak in less than 24hours. May be the crack was since the beginning or it developed when the car was driven on flat tyres . Whatever reason it is , there was no puncture on the tread .
    There might have been some issue in the fitment which cause the air to leak in the first place or there was some issue with the tyre itself.

But Michelin should at least respond.

I wrote to Michelin on there FB page but they have ignored the post.

Has anyone else faced this situation ? Is Primacy 3st not even worth driving on Delhi Roads ?Or maybe the dealer fleeced me ? At almost 6000 bucks its not cheap.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    What's the manufacturing date of the tyres?

You said, cheapest authorised dealer. How much is the cost difference as compared to other dealers?
  3. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Very bad to hear this. What ever the manufacturing date, this should be covered under warranty.

To me it looks like the tyre was defective before it got delivered to you.
  4. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    Even iam using micheline primacy 3st for my punto since last 4 months, i didnt find any issue with the tyres, even i find its better than Stock tyres(appollo accellaras)
  5. bhaskasu

bhaskasu Timido

Chennai
    It should be come under 3 or 4 years waranty, this should not happen.
    I recently brought Michellin Primacy for front two wheels, and its is awesome.
    Before that my steering wheel will give vibration and start shaking at the speed of just 60kmphr. but now even if i touch 140 no steering wheel shake.
    ensure your tyre is under warantty, show the bill and replace it asap.
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Vivek, can you post pictures of the sidewall cut in case you have taken any. sidewall cut can happen due to external impact with any sharp object on the road or due to a deep pothole with sharp edges. So to claim warranty, in the first place you will have to prove that it has not happened due to any external impact.

If it has happened due to external impact, there is a likelihood of other scratch marks being present close to the cut or on alloys. If there are no other marks, then you might have a good case for claiming warranty.
    dhinas likes this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Vivek, I had similar experience more than a year back. I had changed all four tyres with Primacy 3ST. One of the tyres burst while returning from Lonavala @kharghar on a newly laid concrete road, Luckily was not on the expressway. This had happened within 1000 kms of having driven with these new tyres. I replaced this damaged tyre with an new 3ST tyre & raised a complaint thru the dealer for compensation, but my claim was rejected saying it is not a manufacturing defect.
    Now I have driven more than 40K kms with this set of Primacy 3ST and can go at least 10K more. My driving is more of Highways and some of noways(really bad roads):). These tyres having survived these roads means that the tyres are not bad but are inconsistent in quality.

Kiran
    asimpleson and ghodlur like this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @kirenh, please mention dealer name. I would like to avoid him. :mad:
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @Tornado the manufacturing dates is 4014.
    @shams attached is the image. In red circle is the cut.
    @Kiran going by your feedbacks this means that these tyres are not reliable.

WP_20150913_002.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2015 ---
    @Tornado it cost me 5750 . All others were selling from 6200-6300. The old tyres were taken back for 200 per tyre while others were paying max 50 rupees per tyre.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    3ST are basically replacement for PLC known for sidewall cuts on crater filled roads.

Your tyres are manufactured in September 14, means were 1 year old at the time of installation.Tyre rubber stored for more than 6 months in unused condition are bound to get hardened are prone for sidewall cut. And this is the reason why they were offered you @heavy discounts.
    ghodlur likes this.