1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Meter cluster

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Binoj John, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    Hi all,
    can anyone explain why some warning lights on the meter cluster of my linea classic is glowing when the MID is on, (when door open/close and without starting the engine). the lights are circled in the attached photo. those lights are still glowing very dim after the MID is off. is there any issue with the meter cluster or any other wiring problem? meter clust.jpg
  2. RaviHegde

RaviHegde Regolare

Karnataka
    14.62°N 74.85°E
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Driver seat belt warning light will be on until you wear seat belt (technically until the seat belt latch is in its place). Not sure about the temperature gauge light. Lights glowing dim should be the diffusion of some LED somewhere inside the cluster. I believe that is safe to ignore. But the temperature gauge light can be a concern. Get it investigated.
  3. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Might be an electrical earthing issue somewhere in the car.

Any idea when/how it started?
  4. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    @happy turbo,
    it started a long while now. dont know what actually the reason is. i doubt it started after i installed the music system. as the linea ignition does not have "acc" position in its ignition, the power has been taken from the 12v socket so that it switches on/off along with the car.(done from a local accessory shop.not from fiat). the fiat guys said that the meter cluster can be changed under warranty after taking approval from fiat. but till now i got no follow-up regarding this.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    if it is available under warranty, do it asap. just don't tell them about the aftermarket wiring. as such, it would be a good idea to get it checked at a good accessory shop and then take it to FASS. Try taking it to 'automate'(opposite to McDonalds on vytilla -edapalli road) and then to Hyson fiat. try contacting the CRM, Mr Syam and SA Lijo. they will be able to help you out, if its possible
    Rev Happy Turbo likes this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Ignore it. Whatever 'it' is. Why to complicate and aggravate life, when there are no harms, costs or perhaps even risks involved?

@Binoj John
  7. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    John I was going to ask you if you had any outside electrical work done :p
    Why dont you visit that accessory shop and simply ask him to disconnect the power to the player to diagnose the issue. If the dash dials still light up then FOLLOW up with the service centre asap. If it doesn't then you have your answer and ask the guy to work on the music system properly this time.

(prabhjot) You dont want issues a few months/years down the line. Even if you decide to sell the car that might prove to be a bargaining issue.

These modern cars have sensors and all electrical gizmo's around which are sensitive. To put simply you take care of the car and it takes care of you.

If the dials still light up it might be a faulty instrument cluster. But if you still have warranty don't waste time.. (+1 harry)

keep us posted :)
    prabhjot and harryaviator like this.
  8. SanketGajane

SanketGajane Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    For the seat belt warning:
    Check under the drivers seat area, there is a connector wire which is present for the seat belt latch. During music system installation this one could have been pulled, check for loose contact.

For temp gauge check for earthing. Better consult a good auto electrician here.
  9. Binoj John

Binoj John Timido

Cochin
    Linea Classic
    thank you guys for your feedback. anyway iam going to FASS this week to do a complete check up with all electrical and mechanical stuffs. i feel my car is under powered and it has a left pull also. as happy turbo said, i dont want further issues. the car has not completed one year yet:nailbiting:
    can any one explain whats this note? i got it from under the dashboard.

IMG00106.jpg
  10. Rev Happy Turbo

Rev Happy Turbo Novizio

Mumbai
    Hi john any updates for us? :)
    And that looks like some paper trail for one of the components installed in your car left behind from the assembly line :droid: