1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Metal heads

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by ancientmariner, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Anyone here who listens to the genre of music considered blasphemous by many, religion by some. Any rock fans here? And have you modified your car audio to suit this genre ?
  2. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I listen to quite a few rock songs... mainly LP.
    But I didnt want to spend on my ICE.

So I found Jazz (preset equalizer) to make the music sound better on my stock emo pk speakers!!

Hope it helps..
  3. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon
    hey mate, good to see a metal-head punter around
    though im not a "metal head", i do listen to some old stuff by judas priest and iron maiden, amazing bands!
    most of the metal bands these days are lame wankers trying to be old school

the stock punto setup is pretty lame, so i've changed it completely, sounds pretty decent now

anyways, what bands are u into, any mods for the ICE?
  4. I too don't call myself a metal head but I listen to an eclectic mix from heavy metal to grunge to psychedelic. A maiden worshiper for sure :). Have attended concerts by iron maiden , metallica, 3 doors down, nickel back, hinder, aerosmith,rush, stone temple pilots, def leppard (yea I love to boast about it :devil )

No mods done yet as I am somewhat satisfied with my e pk speakers. Haven't tested it out the way I usually listen to this music.
  5. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon
    good to know mate, those are some good bands
    into psychedelic too? better
    i might not call myself a metalhead but can surely label myself as a "psy-head"
  6. I use the Rock settings. Haven't tried out other settings in the equalizer. Will try that out some time.
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will not call myself a metal head, but my collection on my USB includes some old school stuff like the Doors, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, CSN, Steppenwolf, GFR, etc. My personal favorites are Dire Straits (not really rock), and Santana (if you ever get to see the original Woodstock movie, his guitar playing on 'Soul Sacrifice' will really blow your mind). I also have some newer stuff including Stone temple pilots, Creed, Nickelback, Collective Soul, Greenday, Goo goo dolls, Dream Theatre (very good stuff), Chickenfoot (also very good) etc. My latest is a group called "Five fingered death punch" (a bit heavy, but good).

Since my taste in music is not fully "appreciated" by the rest of the family, I plug in the rock USB when I am alone. With the family, I have USB sticks with 'easy listening' and soft jazz (lot of stuff by 'Acoustic alchemy').

I have recently upgraded the speakers on my emo pack (see my thread for details). The new speakers can handle all my music very well. If you are really a music fan, I will strongly recommend an upgrade. However, you must audition the speakers with your favorite tracks before you upgrade.

Happy listening.

Johnny
  8. I am in the same boat as you are but I have somehow convinced my wife to listen ( and she likes it :)) to Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots , Dire straits, Floyd etc but never got a chance to play Maiden, ACDC, Ozzy and the likes as I rarely drive alone.
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Actually I have been cheating a bit. I have slipped in a good deal of soft rock (Santana, Dire Straits, Nickelback {not really soft}, etc ) into my 'easy listening' USB stick. So far nobody has complained as long as I do not raise the volume beyond 10 to 12.

Johnny
  10. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @ancientmariner, good to know that i have some metal fans with me. i m a thrash,death,black metal fan!! i m MEGADETH,METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN,CHILDERN OF BODOM,LAMB OF GOD,VENOM,SLAYER,MOTORHEAD listener!!! a total mad metal head! \m/ :wink: & about upgradation in my italian beauty their is a big NO :sad1 all though stock hu sucks but no plans to play with it till next year.