1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Met with an accident, need your advice

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by openguru, Sep 23, 2014.

1. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    Today morning my Fiat Punto met with an accident. It happened in messed up flyover near Intel campus, outer ring road, Bangalore. I was coming from Marathahalli & going towards Intel campus service road. Suddenly a bike fella came in front my car from nowhere. I put hard brake but still hit him. Nothing major happened to the bike person. As it was peak traffic hour both of us had no argument & left. Later I found that my car's bumper has sustained a lot of deep scratches & minor split near the corner. Also there is a dent on bonnet :(

I have zero dep policy from Bharti Axa. So far I have done no claims. No claim bonus as per my current policy is 25% (Rs. 4000)

Kindly suggest me what to do now. Shall I goto FASS for repairs? If yes, shall I claim insurance? If I am claiming insurance then should it be done immediately or can be done little later (a month or so).
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can you take some clear pictures of damages and share, that should help others to suggest you what to do.

If its bumper scratches and minor bonnet dent, you can get it fixed outside. If it is more, use insurance and get it fixed by service center.
  3. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for your response. I've parked the car in office basement where lighting is not proper. I will post the picture within a hour.
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    If you visit FASS, they might ask you to get the bumper replaced which means you are looking at 8K cost. Plus add an additional 2.5k min for the bonner dent removal and more if it involves entire bonnet painting. Looking at your NCB amunt which can be saved next year which must be around 5-6K max, I think you might want to claim insurance. All this provided the bumper needs replacement, if not then the cost involved if less than 5-6K can be paid from own pocket and save NCB.

Take a second opinion from a FNG and see if the repiars can be done cheaper without compromising quality.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The deep scratches if its not revealing the underneath plastic/fiber material but still a bit of paint exists, then you can apply meguires Scratch X and cover it up to some extent.
    This is what i did to a deep scratch happened on my rear bumper.

If the minor split can be left like that without much safety issue i guess you do not have to worry about it or to replace the whole bumper. Check with a local garage if it can be fixed at low cost.

Dent as well you can check with local garage and compare the price point which is good.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I suggest you to avoid local garages. FIAT colors are little difficult to match and since the part in concern is the Bonnet and front bumper. FASS is the best bet.
  7. openguru

openguru Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks for the replies guys. Received an email from Aadya motor about the free service camp this weekend. I will take my car to Aadya over weekend & get the quote.

I am unable to get the good quality photos from my feature phone, so I will take photos from camera later & post it.