1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mesh Grills in Punto Dynamic Oceanic Blue color

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Praveen Raj Patten, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Hello friends,

I am interested to change the OEM front grills with a mesh grill one painted in Silver or Chrome. Any one in Bangalore has done this modification. Please share some shop name and person who has done it.

mesh2.jpg mesh1.jpg

1 person likes this.
  2. Anish_A

+1 let me know aswell

3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I have fitted ..the silver grill (which comes in emotion)to my active OB punto...

But no mesh grill..
  4. I am looking something different here. Want something similar to the images posted in my first post.
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

You can have this work done at Sai colorium near sangam circle. J.P nagar.

Contact Person - Bharath
    Ph: 9986045726
  6. singh

singh Amatore

if u can remove both the grills than u can do it at home also ,you can try COM PAINT of any silver car or whatever you want. Silver will look elegant
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Whats the approx cost?
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have done a DIY mesh grill.. if ur willing then u can do it as well.. only concern here is getting the mesh grill..
    easier way out...
    source the item.. of required length...
    take it to a local workshop..remove the grills..
    the fiat embalm is screwed to a clap..remove it 1st. IMG-20120402-00147.jpg
    note-place the mesh on the grill and bend them to the grill--to get the actual design.
    take a needle heat it up.. and poke thru the grill.. and use a wire to tie the mesh to the grill
    IMG-20120331-00135.jpg IMG-20120331-00136.jpg
    cut the mesh(i used 1 wire cuter) and also the grill(used the axo blade). using a grinder from workshop..
    Workshop may charge u Rs500 for max all..
    paint and wollaa...
    cost me Rs1200 total,including painting.

not perfect..has its flaws.. sharing u how to make one.. with revised methods learned from my mistakes.

u will save at least rs1000-1500

9. Thanks Thomman for sharing this. Actually my plan is put the mesh grill found in a Range rover or Ford Ikon type honeycomb one.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

The Outcome
    Not bad for a DIY.....
    3 people like this.