1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mercedes Star Drive Experience--Kochi

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by thomman85, Apr 23, 2012.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Yesterday myself and my wife visited a relative in Willingdon Island, Kochi. When we were about to leave, heading back to our car, two guys came asking for directions, and my uncle asked if they are trying to get to the Mercedes camp. So naturally asked him abt it and he said Merc has set up some camp here and today is the last day. So I thought of talking a quick drive thru the area.. and came towards the backside of the event.. And what i expected to see and what i saw was entirely different.. My 1st sight was a Mercedes SUV GLS doing a demo. Even my wife was amazed.. so we decided to go to the entrance.. the parking area was filled by luxury cars, starting from passat.. found a empty space and parked my car.

What i saw from the boundary outside the entrance.

It was a Camp set up by Mercedes, "StarDrive Experince" show casing almost all vehicles they sell in India.
    Starting from the C to the latest SLS.
    Orange cones to out line the track and some acting as barriers/obstructions on the track. Cars racing and braking thru the curves and obstructions and a lot of wheel squealing.

Being curious to know more, i asked the volunteers on the front desk and managed to get a registration form. Asked me to filling in a few details and sign a declaration stating that Mercedes is not liable if anything goes wrong. Signed mine and asked my wife to sign as well.
    We were directed to a briefing area.. now this was cool..

Seen those Glasses in Mission Impossible movies.. same... They played a video showing the safety feature in the range of cars, and what we would be experiencing..

one such feature was the car was able to sense danger and adjust accordingly, like tightening seat belts over fast and sudden braking, close side windows and sunroof.. and in case of accidents automatic lock release.

Once that was over, A Pre-Safe card was given- ticket for the ride.
    1st stop the E class- and 1st thing u notice is the ambient lighting inside.. boy o boy it looks cool.
    The test driver explained what he was going to do b4 each drive. before: hearing all this sound and speed my wife was not so sure if she wanna get in..
    what we feel and see from outside is totally different. Inside we hardly feel anything from acceleration to braking, the curves .Making the ride comfortable for the passenger. The auto seat belts adjust accordingly and hardly move away from position..
    the ride ended on the other side, the SUV section. and Another car was given.
    1st ride was on the GLS. Big and heavy, but exiting from E class and entering the GLS, i personally dint feel the luxury inside.. the T.driver explained the suv setting and started off. 1st was the fluid balance technolog(where one wheel is not on the ground) then was a 30 degree side inclination climb and then a vertical 40 degree climb a stop in between and a speed control decent.

next stop ride on the G wagon AMG.. interior was modest.. one thing we would notice is the sound..wow...

did the same stunt and also a fast lap and got down. During the whole time my eyes was on the C63 AMG.. So drop us back, i waited for the AMG.. and this was a really crazy machine.. the sound.. wooowwwwwwwww.....
    In this u can feel the acceleration.

Some snaps......... IMG-20120422-00200.jpg IMG-20120422-00201.jpg IMG-20120422-00203.jpg IMG-20120422-00204.jpg IMG-20120422-00205.jpg

i tried to record the experience from inside the AMG.. but the car was to fast for my handset cam to cope with..
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Woow woow ..it could have been one hell of an experience.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great test Drive you had
  4. thomma.......... great...... :)
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i have gone off road.. but that was not on a 90+ lakh beast.....

and my friends never drove their luxury car like this....

all in all a great expedience...
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012