1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mercedes Benz B class with B 180 BlueEFFICIENCY petrol engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by sungoa2010, Dec 6, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

Mercedes had launched the petrol hatch with 1.6 Direct injection petrol engine.
    Simension and engine specs:

Overall Length (mm) 4359
    Overall Width (mm)1786
    Overall Height (mm)1557
    Wheel Base (mm)2699
    Front Track (mm)1552
    Rear Track (mm)2010
    Boot Space (liter)486
    Kerb Weight (kg)1425
    Gross Vehicle Weight (kg)1950

Engine Type/Model 4/in-line
    Displacement cc1595
    Power (PS@rpm)123PS @5000rpm
    Torque (Nm@rpm)200Nm @1250rpm

Price 21.7-25.1L Ex-Showroom

The petrol engines were developed with the aim of substantially reducing fuel consumption and emissions without compromising on output and ride comfort. The result: progressive, trendsetting engine technology.

4-cylinder in-line engines.

The 4-cylinder powerplant with a displacement of 1.6 litres, direct petrol injection, variable valve timing and a turbocharger offers excellent torque and power and exemplary quiet-running characteristics, not to mention appropriately low fuel consumption and emissions.

The high-pressure direct injection via precise piezo injectors and an enhanced combustion process facilitate virtually total combustion and thus higher efficiency, which means that the fuel can be used more efficiently. The variable valve control results in an optimum cylinder charge level and therefore consumption benefits, which also come courtesy of the lower weight, less internal friction plus ancillaries controlled as required. And last but not least the petrol engines have the ECO start/stop function and ECO display fitted as standard. Both help the driver to reduce consumption even further. Over and above this the BlueEFFICIENCY measures such as thermal management for an engine warm-up phase that is kept as short as possible, an oil pump controlled as required plus a particularly efficient alternator.

Fore more visit Mercedes-Benz India - Drive system & chassis - Petrol engines
  2. I drove my friends C class Petrol CGI(1.8) , it had 7 speed automatic gear box, car it self was of top quality .
    Specs were 137BHP/285 Nm torque, quality was amazing but it has no smart car to keep seat position/Music other ergonomics stuff as per the driver!! little disappointed.

One of the features was showing the air pressure but it did not show the actual numbers but just asking for confirmation.
    It has follow me home , Dejavu Punto!! OTR in pondichery was 35 Lakhs about 5 lakh less than Karnataka so my friend took the risk of buying car in PY.

There was no mention about traction control but meter console displayed ABS not sure whether it had ESP.
    In total I had more expectations from MB that what it had to offer :-(
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That engine sounds really weak.
  4. sungoa2010

Looking at the kerb weight it definitely less. But those are the power/torque produced at engine. How effectively they transfer it to wheels are also matters.
    Current Tjet produce better torque than this 1.6 Engine.
  5. CGI 200 is about 137BHP and 284 Nm torque, but car has amazing gearbox,it is 7 speed gearbox with sporta mode to add extra
    zing,all the arguments of power to weight ratio seems to be so old school when car just flies to speeds of 220 kmph .