1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

"MEMBER OF THE MONTH"

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by ansal11, Nov 26, 2010.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey guys, specially Moderators. I have an idea to get increased participation from registered members and also attract a few new members.

Lets start a "MEMBER OF THE MONTH" accolade, for the member who has had the best constructive participation during a month. Moderators can be the judges.

Wotsay guys??
  2. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Nice idea ansal11
    But it will be a hard task for the moderators to monitor each and every posts by the members and decide on the winner.
    I feel the mods are in a better position to answer this.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey gReyHound, form what i know of and imagine, Moderators would have the stats automatically. Rest, as you said, Mods are in a better position to answer.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Mods will have the stats .. alright, but stats alone is not sufficient for selecting the winner. ::V
    You need to consider the quality of contribution too..
  5. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    That is exactly what i meant Roy
  6. Nice concept Ansal. ::T

I'd love to second your idea too.I'm so sure that it will help us in making our forum more active. Currently, I feel that TFI is dormant.(I'm running for covers :mrgreen: )

But, I highly doubt whether it would be practical to do the same. For instance, imagine that a member namely XYZ was selected as 'Member of the month' for the month January. So, what if XYZ succeeds in becoming the 'Member of the month' during Feb, March, April etc? IMHO, selecting XYZ as the 'Member of the month' again and again will be plain boring. :confused1

Just like what rojy and greyhound had said, we will surely need some qualitative measure of the content being posted.

So, on a different note, how about giving a designation like 'Distinto T-FIATian' or ' 'Famoso T-FIATian' to the members who maintains the quality of the forum through his/her contributions.
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Theres an easy solution for that. One member can be "TFI MEMBER OF THE MONTH" only once in a year, So that everyone has a chance. The 12 winners (from JAN TO DEC) will then fight ot out for the "TFI MEMBER OF THE YEAR"
    OR Alternatively, we can have 2 or 3 top members of the month (again same members cant be chosen again) and then from all the top 2 or top 3 from every month (all 12 months), we can choose top 3 or the top Member of the Year.

This would not only be decided only from the number of post, but the quality of the post, initiatives to help fellow members, initiatives to take the forum to the next level, every step to help make TFI a better place.

And again, I know what I have said , may or may not be the "PERFECT" concept, but thats why this is a forum, everyone can contribute to bring it towards perfection, so that we can implement it (if its possible, ithink it should be). Havent heard from any MOD yet. Lets see what they say.

Again , as i said, its just a beginning of the idea, Please contribute, so that we can make this BIG. :)
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even CarWale has withdrawn such a competition. Some guys like me would be distracted to bag the award and may start posting too much. :wink:
    Just kidding. instead of spending time on that competition, it is better if our forum is tweaked and made niggle free.
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes.. run fast.. :lol: or I will start :hit
    I am already facing time out errors in TFI :-?

Sounds like a calendar girl contest :lol:
    just joking :wink:
  10. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    lol....din think it that way round...rofl