1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Meeting a long-lost friend : The Fiat Siena. Restoration on the cards.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Sagz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    what are you doing for the wheels? stock? or linea/punto alloys?
  2. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Two months since the last update!! I know many of you have been keenly following this thread.My sincere apologies for the delay.

So much has happened within the past two months.I wasn't in a condition to keep updating regularly.I was running a very tough schedule with quite a few personal issues and way too busy academics.So was the Black Pearl,with an AC system that became a headache to everyone around;excessively leaky lines,faulty valves,a dead compressor,rusty pipes,wiring damaged by rats and so on.Adding to that,there is this issue with the steering which has fewer turns to the left.Everyone in family is fed up with this car and had almost given up on it,except me.These issues of the Pearl only stressed me further.Hence I decided not to update till we make some substantial progress with the Pearl;and I guess now is the right time.

The AC issues have finally been resolved and that alone took more than four weeks!! The issues simply wouldn't stop coming up.It is fine now.The next problem is the steering turn issue which the car has had for a long time.Even after repeated trials the workshop guys couldn't even sort out the cause of the issue;everything seemed perfect.Finally somehow we managed to identify the rather bizarre cause of the issue: the rack's teeth had been cut and tampered with,possibly in an attempt to eliminate a fluid leak:banghead: I suspect a Kochi based now-shut-down garage to be the culprit in this.The rack will be swapped with the one of that abandoned Palio.Meanwhile the painting process has been completed,bumpers are back in place,lock set has been changed and the lamps are all set to be put back.And the Black Pearl is,finally,slated to be delivered by the next weekend:)

Some random shots of the car:
    DSC_1577.jpg DSC_1578.jpg DSC_1583.jpg DSC_1584.jpg
    The key is now red,instead of the earlier blue one: DSC_1581.jpg
    With the bumpers back on, I feel that I had been cent percent right regarding the expected looks when I chose to go for a color that I had never before seen in person.The results are even better than I expected: DSC_1602.jpg DSC_1603.jpg DSC_1604.jpg

As of now,the stock rims will continue.I'm looking for a set of used alloys at a reasonable price.
  3. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    there was a set of alloys posted on the group a few days ago. Been looking forward for updates from your end about the car as it had been a long time something has come up. what is the present condition. any current photos?
    Sagz likes this.
  4. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Apologies for keeping you waiting.The last three pictures in yesterday's update shows the present condition.Expect things to warm up rapidly in the coming week.
    harryaviator likes this.
  5. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @Sagz I am glued to this thread. I am waiting to see your italian beast roaring on the roads.
    Thanks and regards
    CSR
  6. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Checked out the Pearl yesterday.The car was preparing to have the new rack installed.The works are nearing completion.Just a matter of few days now:DChecked out the newly arrived headlamps and tail lamps,discussed some miscellaneous issues with the mechanic and gave instruction to have the b-pillar and the skirts painted in black.
    Meanwhile have close look at the front bumpers in galaxy black.The black strip on the bumper is now in body color.I think it serves the purpose well: having the entire bumper in body color while keeping the prominent character line intact.
    DSC_1608.jpg DSC_1609.jpg

The new lamps: DSC_1606.jpg DSC_1607.jpg
    Thanks.Now it is just a matter of few days before the Black Pearl hits the road.Excited:happy:
  7. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    awesome going dude. the pace has picked up once again. nice to see the blackpearl reaching its zenith
    Sagz likes this.
  8. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Today when I went to check the progress,the Pearl greeted me with this very familiar smile.The head lamps and tail lamps have been installed,many other assembly processes have been completed and most importantly the steering issue has been rectified.A few more minor jobs here and there and the Pearl is good to go.Delivery has been confirmed for tomorrow or Monday at the maximum.

The gleaming eyes of the Pearl, completing the smiley face: DSC_1676.jpg

And the contrast of red tail lamps against the Galaxy Black,I totally love this!! DSC_1677.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat, varunrtr and pabhishek like this.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Good going @Sagz :) Cant wait to see the full result.
    Sagz likes this.
  10. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Still a few more minor works like assembly of mirrors and flaps,running board,fog lamps,logo fixation and black cladding of C pillar remains.Hence the delivery has been pushed to Monday which is the deadline.Meanwhile I got behind the wheels of the BlackPearl today for a short test drive and I'm happy with the outcome.The biggest relief is that the steering is fine now.Phew!! Tested the AC too.There is no extraordinary cooling like a Tata Nano,but it is good.

Clicked the very last pictures of the Pearl from the garage;the next click will be at home:happy:
    DSC_1681.jpg DSC_1680.jpg DSC_1679.jpg DSC_1678.jpg