1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Meeting a long-lost friend : The Fiat Siena. Restoration on the cards.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Sagz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    True that.This car somehow manages to strike all the right chords in my heart every single time.And that's the sole reason why it is about to get a new life when many other cars of its time have ended up in ruins.
    I have always been wondering why Galaxy Black isn't being offered on Punto or Linea.Particularly Linea will look fabulous in this color.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Eagerly awaiting the photographs. I wish linea had come in these colors. Will have to wait for 10-15 years before I go through a color change.. Will definitely look at this option at that time
    Sagz likes this.
  3. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Works in progress.The new headlamps,tail lamps and wing mirrors will arrive within two days.But we're facing some difficulty in sourcing the running board.Still trying to source it locally,otherwise we will order it from 99rpm.The wind shield has been fixed.The mechanical niggles are being tackled.
    DSC_1225.jpg

A busy day for the garage.There is a Benz C class behind and a Toyota Sera beside.
    DSC_1226.jpg DSC_1228.jpg

The interiors being set: DSC_1232.jpg DSC_1233.jpg

Beneath that dusty seat cover there is the original fabric, good as new: DSC_1234.jpg

The cleaned and prepared windshield before the glass fixing process: DSC_1236.jpg
    The adhesive applied on the panels: DSC_1237.jpg DSC_1238.jpg
    Replacing the windshield,aligning and pressing: DSC_1239.jpg DSC_1240.jpg
    Pressed hard,supported and stuck on with tape: DSC_1241.jpg
    And the windshield is back in place: DSC_1244.jpg DSC_1245.jpg
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    keep them coming. really happy to see the progress.
    Sagz likes this.
  5. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Really happy to see the beauty taking shape!

Nothing like giving an old car a new lease of life right, especially if it is an iconic one like the Siena :)
    Sagz likes this.
  6. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Great progress Sagz! Cannot wait to see the transformation!
    Sagz likes this.
  7. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Guys,thank you for all your wishes.There is some real good news.Called the mechanic just now and I could hear my Italian friend's voice over there!!The alternator has been installed and the starting issues are rectified.
    Words can't express how excited I am right now:DWill be heading to the garage,if possible,by tomorrow itself.I just can't wait!!
  8. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Exactly a month since I last updated the thread.That was intentional indeed,because I wanted my car back in perfect running condition before I post the next update.

So much has happened within the past month.The refurbished alternator went faulty once again and there wasn't an option other than getting a new one.The Palio 1.9 alternator won't fit.After a thorough search,we got a used alternator from an abandoned Siena in Thrissur.Getting a new one from 99rpm seemed too expensive an affair and particularly so because the used one was in fine condition.I think that would only have caused further delay as I had ordered a running board from 99rpm 22 days ago and is yet to have it shipped.

Anyway the alternator is now working well and we drove the car yesterday.Everything is fine except an issue regarding the alignment and steering wheel.Now all what remains is that issue + AC and few electrical circuits + final assembly of parts(some parts including the headlamp and running board are yet to arrive).

Yesterday when I saw the car, it was shining in the evening sun like a pearl.What suddenly came to my mind was the name 'Black Pearl' from the Pirates of the Caribbean.It must be the Galaxy Black color what played the trick.So don't be surprised if I call the Siena 'The Black Pearl' hereafter;)
    GirishRaghu and harryaviator like this.
  9. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Request to please post atleast a few pics of 'the black pearl' .. eagerly waiting for the beauty.
    Sagz likes this.
  10. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    I didn't take pictures this time because visually nothing much has changed since the last update,except for the body colored door handles,the plastic panels around the windshield,wipers,etc.The remaining parts and panels will be put together only during the final assembly stage.
    Anyway I will get more pics and maybe a video too next time:)

Here is the Black Pearl.Visual changes are very minimal since the last update:
    DSC_1529.jpg
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.