1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Meeting a long-lost friend : The Fiat Siena. Restoration on the cards.

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by Sagz, Oct 15, 2014.

1. abhionline

abhionline Timido

thiruvananthapuram
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Ohh.... Thnxx dude.... She's alright now, but she will be resting in my garage till November and im planning to do a compete overhaul to make her even more reliable, peppy and gorgeous. Any way I'm not changing the current metallic grey color, it is still looking good apart from some scratches here and there. I will consider a tight re touch...
    Mechanical side- clutch slave cylinder, timing belt, ball joint, bearings, glow plugs etc need to be replaced...
    Sagz likes this.
  2. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    After the hectic delay periods,we have finally managed to get things going in full swing all through the past week.I don't know whom to be blame for these short yet persistent delay periods.At the mechanic's part,the issue is that he doesn't have sufficient workers right now.And for me,as always,got too busy with exams-labs-records-assignments thingy;you know how these engineering courses are.

The patch and putty process is almost done.Now it just needs to make seating for the new logos and some dent removal+putty on the bonnet and right fender before the painting starts.The removed panels (hood,fenders and bumpers) will be painted now,but will be assembled only after a few more mechanical sort-outs.
    Found the head lamps,tail lamps and mirrors listed on 99rpm,but my mechanic is pretty confident about sourcing them from spare markets of Ernakulam at lower prices.

I should be worried about the slow moving works,but actually I'm quite glad about something:the Siena is now atop the priority list of the workshop.Things WILL be pretty fast now.(Owing to the unavailability of sufficient workforce,there were a number of other cars whose works have been long overdue,and hence had to be prioritized over Siena)

Having completed the putty application,the front bumper is now ready for painting: DSC_1116.jpg

The windscreen has been removed and the adjacent rusty spots have been dealt with: DSC_1117.jpg DSC_1118.jpg DSC_1125.jpg

The front body panels removed: DSC_1122.jpg DSC_1123.jpg
    And some miscellaneous pictures: DSC_1119.jpg DSC_1120.jpg DSC_1124.jpg

That's great.What does the odometer read?
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    varoon9999 likes this.
  3. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The patch,putty a.k.a bondo and dent removal works are now over.It was indeed a pleasant sight to see the panels without all those dents,scratches and rusty spots.Now all we need is to cut slots for the new logos before the painting process starts,hopefully within two working days.

The car has lost its left running board,no one knows where,all thanks to the rough usage it was having in TN.99rpm has listed Palio's running boards.Can anyone please confirm whether this will be a straight fit or not?

Now let the pictures do the talking.
    The left fender before and after the work: DSC_0480a.jpg DSC_1136.jpg
    The lower end was too rusty,hence this new sheet metal piece has been grafted: DSC_1137.jpg

The right fender had this rather large dent and the same rusty lower end:
    DSC_0487a.jpg DSC_1138.jpg DSC_1139.jpg

The hood with its minor dents removed and it has bid adieu to the old Fiat logo to make way for the new red hot ones derived from Palio Stile MJD.The screw slot of the old logo has been sealed out: DSC_1142.jpg DSC_1144.jpg

The roof edge had only minute rusty spots hence it didn't need new metal piece to grafted.After the bondo application process: DSC_1147.jpg
    The left door after bondo application: DSC_1150.jpg
    Sujit508, varoon9999 and pdash like this.
  4. Anesh

Anesh Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Sagz likes this.
  5. Anesh

Anesh Timido

Coimbatore
    Coimbatore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    waiting eagerly for your WIP updation.
    Sagz likes this.
  6. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Exam mode is on,hence fewer visits,fewer updates.Have been controlling things over the phone for the past two weeks and it will be so until June 1st when the semester break starts.
    And the car is no longer white;) It was my decision to take up the risk of going for a color which I had never seen in person,trusting my visualization alone.After seeing the outcome,I'm assured that my visualization capability isn't that bad after all:cool:I must say the results are even better than I expected.Galaxy Black suits the Siena very well.Now I love the car even more.

Here are the pictures.
    The car after receiving the surfacer coating:
    DSC_1197.jpg DSC_1199.jpg DSC_1201.jpg DSC_1203.jpg

After the paint job:
    (Sorry for the poor quality pictures:D I'll come up with better pictures soon)
    DSC_1206.jpg DSC_1207.jpg DSC_1204.jpg DSC_1208.jpg DSC_1210.jpg
  7. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Paid a quick visit today to check the progress.Siena is in the process of having the interior panels,seats,window glasses etc put back in.
    The wind shield will be put back by tomorrow.And the remaining mechanical and most importantly the electrical works are also progressing side by side.Now I think it won't be much before my Italian friend will be back on the roads.Really excited:D
    More pictures coming up in a few days time;if possible,by tomorrow itself.:)
    DSC_1224.jpg DSC_1223.jpg
  8. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    extremely eager to see the outcome and detailed reports. where exactly is the garage?, would love to come over and have a look in person. truly excited. and the choice of colour!.. dude.. its killer!!! will be one hot car on the road!!
    varoon9999 likes this.
  9. Sagz

Sagz Amatore

Kochi
    Kochi
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks bro:)
    Initially I had planned to go for Magnesio Grey,but later I wanted something darker and finally ended up in Galaxy Black.
    The garage is Niva Auto care,quite remotely located at Kalavamkodam near Cherthala town.
  10. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    doesnt matter how remote the garage is.. looks like a shining diamond/pheonix rising. would definitely plan a visit sometime soon. Sienna tugs your heart the right way whenever you lay your eyes on her. Galaxy black rocks!
    mchanna and Sagz like this.